Data Systems Coordinator
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 7930-Office of Advancement
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: DATA SYSTEMS COORDINATOR
The Data Systems Coordinator is responsible for efficient and accurate gift processing, report generation, list segmentation, and producing data reports for analysis, while serving as the front-line reception for the department. This position is key to optimizing the relational database Raiser’s Edge (RE) and its cloud interface RE NXT, and is a primary resource for executing intermediate to advanced data functions such as defining queries, exports and imports. The incumbent guides RE users within the Advancement team, as well as develops and monitors team adherence to standard operating procedures. The incumbent coordinates and facilitates the annual student awards processes undertaken by the Office of Advancement, and supports fundraising and donor recognition event execution.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school graduation and minimum five year’s previous related office experience, including a minimum of three year’s experience in Advancement Services/fundraising support.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain accounting and database management systems.
• Demonstrated advanced level of competency in computer applications such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Acrobat Pro, and mail merge functions.
• Intermediate to advanced level current knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge & NXT database system required.
• Ability to be a self-starter, exercise a high level of initiative and responsibility, work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated knowledge and ability to manage routine office systems and procedures such as filing systems, clerical control systems, and record-keeping.
• Be able to key 40wpm accurately.
• Proven ability to operate, troubleshoot and maintain standard office equipment.
• Proven ability to provide quality customer service.
• Ability to interact effectively with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds and needs, and to liase effectively and diplomatically with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
• Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive situations that call for the use of patience, diplomacy, tact and professionalism in the delivery of information and explanations.
• Demonstrated judgement, discretion and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
• Proven ability to pay attention to detail.
• Knowledge of the principles of marketing, fundraising and ethics.
• Fundraising experience as a staff member or volunteer an asset.
• This position requires occasional evening and weekend work (usually to participate in event execution).
click here for a more detailed job description
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.