Data System Engineer – Analyst
City : Mississauga
Category : IT
Industry : Food and Beverage Industry
Employer : PepsiCo Canada
The Data System Engineer will play a key role in enabling data-driven decision-making, advancing data solutions & capabilities for PepsiCo Foods Canada. In this role, you will partner with multiple business functions to scope and deliver analytics and data products from data pipelines, reports, data catalogues to embedded analytics.
You will lead the way for PFC in this innovative space, helping to transform the organization to be more efficient in accessing data and generating right-time insights. The ideal candidate for this role, should have strong passion for data, solid understanding of data processing, identify opportunities for more streamlined and automated approaches to solve business problems with data/digital solutions and advocate for their adoption.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands, from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
- Collaborate within an agile framework and engage with product owners and business partners to translate business needs/rules into data designs including, data profiling, data modeling and mapping.
- Create, deploy, and manage data pipelines for ETL processes, ensuring the smooth extraction, transformation, and loading of data.
- Lead the development of data solutions with a focus on scalability, performance, and reusability within Datalake and Data warehouse environments.
- Monitor and maintain data flows to guarantee the continuous availability and reliability of data, proactively addressing and resolving any data-related issues and performance bottlenecks.
- Coordinating daily tasks and sharing progress updates with offshore counterparts to ensure seamless onshore-offshore collaboration.
- Act as a pivotal team member in analytics SCRUM projects, taking on diverse roles including scrum master, developer, or tester for analytics and data solutions.
- Enforce the incorporation of product standards across the development, testing, security, and supportability aspects of each solution.
- Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and address data bottlenecks, such as latency, quality, and speed, by recommending appropriate remediation strategies.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional technology teams to establish and uphold data engineering best practices, standards, as well as quality assurance policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of emerging technology trends and actively promote awareness and adoption within the organization.
Who’s a good fit for the team:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- 4+ Years of proven track record as a Data Engineer or in a similar role.
- Over 2 years of hands-on experience with cloud platforms such as Data Bricks and Azure Data Flow (ADF).
- Over 2+ years of proficient experience in PySpark and Python programming.
- Advanced proficiency in SQL with practical experience working on relational databases and familiarity with various database systems.
- Strong comprehension of database00s, including the ability to write and understand complex SQL statements.
- A demonstrated history of scoping technology requirements, developing, and supporting digital solutions.
- Previous experience in a role related to projects, products, or technology in a software development environment.
- Exposure to agile methodologies and the ability to work effectively in an agile environment.
- Preferred experience in system integration.
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills.
- Proficiency in problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Strong analytical thinking and troubleshooting capabilities.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive compensation, benefits, pension, RRSP contribution and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
- An opportunity to give back to the community with our Always on Volunteer 360 Program
- An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world