Data Strategist – CID&A
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 173602
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Data Strategist in Global Data and Analytics Team, you will help integrate analytics capabilities into the Bank’s digital products and by developing and implementing data strategies that will help improve customer experience.
What will you do in this role?
• Build, manage and grow relationships with product, design, and engineering teams by enabling data driven decision making.
• Understand performance trends, identify opportunities for growth, and provide actionable insights.
• Work cross functionally to define data strategy and analytics roadmap for digital initiatives, collaborating with Scotia Digital, other analytics teams, and the data office.
• Proactively identify, and drive analytics solutions to improve customer experience in collaboration with Data Scientists
• Deep dive into data to identify opportunities, influence product development, and/or overall functional and business strategies.
• Create and deliver analytics solutions and data products to optimize revenue growth and improve customer experiences using predictive modeling and machine learning.
• Communicate and coordinate with teams to implement data-driven strategies while measuring progress
• Conduct analysis and present performance results to business line stakeholders within Scotia Digital, analytics and across the bank.
• Develop and produce analyses, reports, and insights for partners that help drive tactical, operation, and/or strategic decision making in support of Digital Banking goals
• Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers, and operational teams to implement quality controls and automate data feeds and report generation.
• Champion change in the bank by promoting data literacy, data analytics, and data informed decision making.
Are you the right person for the role?
• You have a strong business acumen, and you excel at developing and communicating analytics insights
• You are not afraid to challenge the status quo
• You have a deep curiosity about data, processes, and customer behaviour. You are always asking “why?”
• You can pivot and adapt to change
• You spend your free time tinkering with new technologies or building apps on the side
• You want to find a solution to real life problems that will flip the multi-billion-dollar financial industry on its head
• You have a high aptitude for diving in, taking ownership and picking up new things
• You're eager to mentor, teach and share your ideas in a team environment
• You have open and transparent communication style, including the ability to distil technical details into human terms
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
• You have 5+ years of experience with data management, performance measurement and stakeholder management
• You have a university degree in business or in a relevant STEM discipline (Computer Sciences, Computer/Software Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics) or equivalent experience.
• Proven data literacy and excellent storytelling — The ability to simplify and describe complex analytical concepts to stakeholders outside of analytics.
• You have experience with Big Data ecosystem tools (e.g., Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Spark, Google Cloud Platform) and are comfortable with creating large queries
• You have experience using visualization tools like Power BI, Tableau or QlikView
• You have excellent analytical skills and can interpret and consolidate large amounts of information in actionable recommendations. You use sound judgment in the creation of analysis, validation, interpretation, and presentation of findings.
• You have experience cleaning, transforming and visualizing large data sets working with various data formats (e.g. unstructured logs, XML, JSON, flat files, image)
• You have experience leveraging digital analytics tools such as Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics or Splunk
• Strong project management and communication skills (both oral and written).
• Ability to manage process and planning, facilitate teamwork, and coordinate execution of multiple deliverables.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.