Data Scientist – Algorithms
City : Calgary
Category : Full time Digital Technology
Industry : Oil and Gas Services
Employer : Baker Hughes
Would you like to shape our strategy for Data?
Are you passionate about Data and Analytics technologies?
Join our Data team!
Process & Pipeline Services (PPS) supports the full lifecycle of customers' asset from pre-commissioning to decommissioning. We help to reduce corrosion, improve efficiency and maximize throughput. Our solutions for pre-commissioning, commissioning, and maintenance shutdowns include specialized services for oil and gas, power generation, metals and mining, and other process industries.
Partner with the best
As a Data Scientist, you will focus on commercially-facing development projects, typically involving large, complex data sets. This typically includes statisticians, computer scientists, software developers, engineers, product managers, and end users, working in concert with partners in Baker Hughes business units.
As a Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Developing analytics within well-defined projects to address customer needs and opportunities
- Designing, developing and delivering new algorithms and software for analysis and reporting of pipeline inspection data
- Working alongside software developers and software engineers to translate algorithms into commercially viable products and services
- Delivering technical support, including algorithm and software maintenance, to multi-discipline teams across Baker Hughes' world-wide operational bases
- Collaborating with other engineering disciplines, domain experts, internal and external customers
- Contributing to continuous improvement and quality initiatives as well as innovative approaches and solutions to business problems
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have completed a B.Sc, M.Sc, Phd. in Software Engineering, Mathematics or other relevant discipline such as data science/intelligent systems/machine learning
- Have numerical skills used in a data science context, including working with numerical data in analytics and/or machine learning contexts
- Demonstrate skills and experience in algorithm development from design, prototyping, and testing, to delivery and application to engineering problems
- Have software development experience in Python, C++ or Java working in a production environment across the full software lifecycle
- Be able to show excellent problem-solving, process improvement and analytical skills
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate awareness of how to leverage curiosity and creativity to initiative business impact
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times when you work in the day to help you fit everything in and work when you are the most productive
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.