City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
What is the opportunity?
The successful candidate has a proactive & strong analytical and data mindset. You will partner with the Digital & Data Intake team to identify opportunities to leverage data science, analytics and governance to solve insurance business problems. You will lead a high performing team of intake experts that support reporting requests that require prioritization, resourcing and execution through operational excellence. As a hybrid remote/in-office position you will directly report to the Director, Insurance Data Management Office (IDMO) fostering a collaborative and supportive work environment.
What will you do?
• Act as a liaison between Digital & Data (DD) Intake team and the Data, Analytics, and Insights (DAI) Intake team.
• Partners with DD Intake team, identify requests/ideas where just DAI team is required and push them to DAI Intake process
• Uses knowledge of Data Science, Analytics and Governance to identify requests or business problems that can be solved through DAI team expertise
• Identify and raise friction points and gaps between DDO and DAI Intake processes
• Leads and manages the Insurance Data, Analytics & Insights- Intake Team
• Single point of contact for DAI team Intake & Pipeline Management for Data Engineering, Data Science, Business Insights & Analytics, the Insurance Business Units and DNA
• Builds and maintains open relationships and transparent communications with key Business Partners and Stakeholders
• Coordinates the prioritization and resourcing of Data & Information activities with Business Partners and identifies opportunities and challenges for executive/management review and discussion.
• Responsible for identifying opportunities to improve productivity and effectiveness of overall end-to-end fulfillment of tasks within the DAI team
What will you need to succeed?
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience in financial services sector with 3-5 years’ experience in leadership
• Understanding of Data Science and Analytics applications to solve complex business problems
• Experience working in Agile operating environment
• Understanding of databases and reporting methodologies
• Enterprise Analysis techniques including definition of business need, assessing capability gaps, determining approach, defining scope and business value
• Change leadership, Global perspective and forward thinking strategic mindset.
• Strong program management, change management and implementation skills and experience
• Strong understand of the data lifecycle, including strong focus on data governance and Insurance regulatory landscape
• Strong verbal & written communication skills and proven interpersonal skills
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, inquisitive nature and comfort challenging current practices
What's in it for you?
• A Total Rewards program that includes flexible benefits, work/life balance and career development programs and investment and retirement savings plans
• Competitive pay and high-earning potential
• All the tools, training, and team support you need to grow your career
• Flexible work/life balance options
• Sophisticated RBCI software tools to boost your productivity
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Job SkillsAnalytical Thinking, Business Problems, Change Management, Change Management Strategies, Communication, Confidentiality, Critical Thinking, Data Management, Data Privacy, Data Science, Decision Making, Information Security Management, Leadership, Long Term Planning, Management Strategies, People Management, Prioritization, Problem Solving, Process Changes, Process Improvements
Additional Job Details
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at jobs.rbc.com.