Data Governance Specialist
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Operations
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
This role requires someone with strong communication and collaborations skills, to partner with other teams to ensure data governance is being complied with.
As we move forward with the implementation of our new in-store system across Canada, we are looking for skilled individuals in data analysis and data governance, that are looking to make an impact on Home’s future.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement a Data Governance Framework that aligns with the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Develop and maintain a business glossary supporting the Data Governance best practices.
- Define and implement data governance policies, standards, and guidelines to enforce data quality, data security, data access and data usage.
- Develop data classification frameworks to ensure proper categorization and labeling based on sensitivity, criticality, and usage.
- Implement data quality processes including data profiling, data cleansing, data validation, and monitoring to ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity.
- Develop communication strategies and deliver training programs to establish awareness and understanding of data governance policies and best practices to the IT team.
- Regularly work with the IT team across the ISS project to ensure they are compliant with the Data Governance modules the Business maintains and updates.
- Define and track key data governance metrics such as quality scores and policy compliance and prepare reports on metrics.
- Monitor the effectiveness of data governance practices by conducting audits, identifying areas for improvement and implement changes where appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Information Management, Data Management.
- Three to five years’ experience in Data Governance and Data Quality Control.
- Experience within the Retail industry, with knowledge of terminology used in the Hardware / Building Materials industry.
- Demonstrates competency in understanding and correcting data discrepancies; reading and translating data models; data querying; and identifying data anomalies and root cause analysis.
- Establishes good working relationships with IT and supporting the governance structure to ensure on-going data accuracy and completeness.
- Advanced attention to detail skills with good numerical analytical ability.
- Skilled in MS Word, Excel, Visio, Access, Power BI, and Database Management fundamentals.
- Strong problem-solving skill with the ability to act on solutions.
- Ability to apply conflict management practices looking for a win / win solution.
- Bilingual in English and French is advantageous.
- Competitive Salary.
- Annual Incentive/Bonus Program.
- Comprehensive Benefits Program including:
- Health, Dental, Vision, Paramedical, Disability Coverage, Out of Country Travel Insurance, Life Insurance, Employee Family Assistance Program.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with Company Match, and choice of contribution level.
- Group RRSP.
- Discount from our corporate retail stores.
- WorkPerks© by Venngo discounts.
- Home & Auto Insurance discounts.
- 3-weeks’ vacation to start.
- Personal and sick time.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.