City : Any location
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks.
At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers.
Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Shaw Communications has an exciting opportunity for a Data Analyst & Investigator, reporting to the Manager, Commercial Finance - Consumer. The successful candidate will be responsible for designing and developing automated data and reporting solutions that process, summarize, and bring order to raw data, transforming it into actionable information on which our business partners can make decisions. This role will play an important part in helping and influencing the business to radically change the way we operate through investigations and analysis of data.
A typical day
• Design and deliver automated report solutions that summarize and transform data from various data sources into understandable, actionable information.
• Reconcile numerous data sources, producing accurate outputs to support back billing, billing improvement, or data recovery to be identified.
• Collect and converge requirements with stakeholders and team members; translate requirements into technical solutions.
• Collaborate with business partners to identify opportunities to apply insights to various areas of the organization.
• Prepare working papers and support documents for the external audits and assist the auditors during audits through data collection,
• Understand and remain current on Shaw customers, product offerings, promotions, and associated order entry / order management procedures.
• 3+ years experience creating automated reports, using advanced techniques with various systems and tools, and with emphasis on efficient, high quality code and identification/mitigation of data integrity problems.
• 3+ years experience, and a solid understanding of SQL, and other DB constructs including stored procedures, functions, views and execution plans. Advanced knowledge of code optimization, including development/coding best practices.
• Experience acting as a mentor to peers, providing guidance on technical solutions, critical thinking, and storytelling via data - relating the data (‘What’ and ‘When’) to the ‘Why’ and ‘How’ parts of our business.
• Hands on experience developing report in Tableau or Power BI and workflows in Alteryx or data prep tools.
• Demonstrated business acumen. Ability to obtain essential information about a situation, focus on the key objectives, recognize the relevant options available, select an appropriate course of action and set in motion a plan to “get the job done”.
• Have a track record of delivering outputs that set the bar for quality, delivering complete solutions which are thoughtful, forward thinking (considering future impacts) and follows all internal processes perfectly.
• Ability to communicate with technical teams as well as business users.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong, cooperative intradepartmental and interdepartmental relationships.
• Consistently able to work under pressure, multi-task and meet challenging deadlines, all while focusing on quality.
• Team player with strong, proactive, communication skills.
• A positive “can do” attitude that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.
Subscribe to our newsletter & stay updated