D.A. Townley – Pension Billings Administrator
City : Burnaby
Category : Health Insurance
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Pacific Blue Cross
Under the general supervision of the Team Leader, administers one or more assigned pension plans to ensure clients, members, trustees, custodians and other stakeholders receive contracted services in accordance with established standards of service quality, accuracy and turnaround time. Prepares and updates monthly plan reciprocity entries from a variety of multi-employer records for individual members to facilitate pension entitlements with no breaks in service. Prepares and distributes new employer packages for union locals joining existing pension plans. Provides information to members on voluntary contribution and transfer-in procedures from other pension vehicle. Conducts year end pension plan processes. Reviews and processes accounts payable invoices for payment by custodians and conducts monthly accounts receivable processes for general D.A. Townley pension plans according to the terms, conditions and formulas established through administration agreements. In consultation with senior pension specialists, prepares packages for upcoming pension trustee meetings for assigned pension plans. On a backup basis, performs selected duties of the Pension Customer Service Representative.
Upon completion of your training, our organization follows a hybrid work strcuture where employees can work remotely and from the office.
Pension Plan Administration
1. Administers one or more assigned pension plans to ensure clients, members, trustees, custodians, and other stakeholders receive contracted services in accordance with established standards of service quality, accuracy and turnaround time by:
- maintaining current information on employee pension benefit status through secure employer websites.
- responding to direct member inquiries on plan benefits, rules and procedures, distributing appropriate forms and instructions for refunds, withdrawals, terminations and other options, and following up to ensure timely and accurate completion and return.
- processing member requests for plan refunds depending on eligibility and entitlements including requesting calculations and valuations from external plan consultants; updates system information.
- preparing and distributing plan termination notices, statements and member packages.
- preparing retirement information packages including pension estimates, options and alternatives prepared by senior pension specialists, ensuring all documentation is returned and confirmed, processing electronic funds transfer requests for direct deposit, preparing confirmation letters and updating system entries.
- responding to member death notices including accessing records of end of life options, obtaining death certificates and notifying plan custodians and trustees of member status and entitlements.
- updating existing spreadsheets, calculating tax payable on payment amounts and determining net amounts.
- releasing monthly automated funds transfers for pensioners and/or processing payments directly through client accounting or third party provider, posting related system entries and balancing to T4A listings.
- ensuring all work is peer reviewed prior to member distribution and payment.
2. Prepares and updates monthly plan reciprocity entries from a variety of multi-employer records for individual members to facilitate pension entitlements with no breaks in service. Produces a variety of system-generated and manual reports to track pension contributions from multiple sources and prepares deposit sheets to initiate monetary transfers between reciprocal unions participating in the plan. Maintains manual and automated files and records.
3. Prepares and distributes new employer packages for union locals joining existing pension plans including trust and plan texts, enrolment applications, tax reporting procedures and other information on plan administration.
4. Provides information to members on voluntary contribution and transfer-in procedures from other pension vehicles including providing forms and following up on their completion. Tracks incoming funds, enters amounts into internal systems and post entries. Processes contributions through financial institutions and confirms completion.
5. Produces templated letters advising members approaching RRIF conversions of actions required to accommodate regulatory requirements.
6. Conducts year end processes for one or more assigned pension plans through the application of checklists including producing annual spreadsheets to identify and generate required member statements, compiling a variety of materials such as newsletters from fund managers and plan booklets, and preparing member packages for distribution. Processes year end billings.
Health and Welfare Plan Disbursements/Accounts Receivable and Payable
7. Reviews and processes accounts payable invoices for payment by custodians to ensure accurate and timely reimbursement of trustee expenses and payment of consulting and legal fees, plan expenses, annual renewal fees, liability insurance and related disbursements by preparing, recording and forwarding invoices for authorization by trustees and distributing to custodians for payment upon approval. Identifies and processes invoices for co-payment where expenses are shared,
8. Conducts monthly accounts receivable processes for general D.A. Townley pension plans according to the terms, conditions and formulas established through administration agreements. Balances and reconciles payments. Manually updates plan rates to reflect annual rate changes.
Trustee Support and Administration
10. In consultation with senior pension specialists, prepares packages for upcoming pension trustee meetings for assigned pension plans according to a pre-established schedule and plan checklist, and consistent with regulatory requirements by:
- preparing agendas and determining required content for each package from previous agendas, minutes and status of action items.
- generating reports such as member refund history and contributions listings from a variety of automated and manual sources and downloading to existing spreadsheets.
- compiling documentation received from actuaries, investment managers, auditors and plan administrators such as compliance surveys and plan texts.
- producing annual checklists specific to each plan, trustee educational information and registration forms, service provider questionnaires, compliance certificates and updates to plan wordings where changes have occurred during the previous period.
- generating expense report templates for trustee completion and facilitating reimbursement.
- identifying new business items arising from member interaction or other items.
- booking onsite meeting rooms and hotel conference rooms, meals and audio visual equipment.
- preparing guest invitations.
- submitting draft packages to Pension Manager and other senior staff for quality audit prior to distribution and initiating additions and corrections.
- posting completed packages online for advance access by attendees.
- producing hard copies of packages for distribution by senior staff attending trustee meetings.
10. Participates in a variety of special projects such as mass mailouts, archiving materials for offsite storage, preparing materials for shredding and recycling, labelling files and inputting annual fee guide updates.
General Team and Department Support
11. On a backup basis, performs selected duties of the Pension Customer Service Representative including staffing the Pension Central inbound phone and email queues, meeting directly with walk-in clients and responding to a wide range of client, trustee, financial advisor and custodian inquiries including those of a confidential or sensitive nature
12. Performs other assigned duties related to the provision of customer service, administrative and/or clerical support which do not affect the rating of the job.
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency with Basic Word and Basic Excel
- A minimum of two years previous related experience in a customer service-oriented and/or pension administration position, including dealing with customer inquiries over the phone and in person, and some exposure to basic accounting activities including accounts payable
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated attention to detail.
If you’re excited about taking on this opportunity, we invite you to apply today and start the conversation with us about this position.
Together we can create a healthier British Columbia through teamwork, exceptional service and accountability that will help improve sustainable healthcare.
Please apply via our website this week at http://www.pbchbs.com/company/careers/
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. PBC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this application, pre-employment testing, interviewing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org