Cytotechnologist – Temporary Full Time – Day Shift – Toronto, ON
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Laboratory Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Cytotechnologist to join our team in Toronto, ON.
All Cytotechnologist roles are eligible for a $10000 signing bonus so apply today!
We also have Part Time (upto 20 hours a week) and Regular Part Time (20 - 37.5 hours a week) roles available at the same location. Please click on the following links to apply
- Cytotechnologist - Regular Part Time - Flexible Shift - Toronto, ON - https://jobs.lifelabs.com/job-invite/138350/
- Cytotechnologist - Part Time - Flexible Shift - Toronto, ON- https://jobs.lifelabs.com/job-invite/138371/
- Cytotechnologist - Full Time - Day Shift - Toronto, ON - https://jobs.lifelabs.com/job-invite/138316/
Our Cytotechnologists provide accurate and timely interpretive and diagnostic specimen testing and reporting. Through accuracy, quality, efficiency and expediting test results, you will contribute to patient well-being and the achievement of better health outcomes. This is a great role for a hands-on, detail-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Conducting a wide range of diagnostic and interpretive specimen testing
- Performing, interpreting and releasing results, while ensuring the confidentiality of patient information.
- Identifying incidents and non-conformities, participating in the development of effective corrective action plans, escalating as appropriate and driving continuous improvement.
- Assisting with the evaluation and implementation of new technology.
- Participating in problem solving in work organization and workflow.
This is a Tempoary Full Time role until August 30, 2024 working the Day Shift. LifeLabs facilities are also known as teaching laboratories, offering opportunities to share knowledge in a collaborative environment, 24-hour medical support through our Medical Science team and Medical library, and the ability to teach our college and university student placements.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking individuals who can work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment, while adhering to LifeLabs standards of safety, accuracy and efficiency. Do you have:
- College diploma or University degree in Medical Laboratory Science, or equivalent education and/or experience.
- CMLTO registered or students who will be eligible for designation in Cytology.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Good computer skills and knowledge.
- Problem solving skills, including the ability to identify and follow-up on issues.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of safety, patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That's why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, education opportunities with tuition reimbursement, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction. We especially encourage applications from new graduates and individuals looking to advance their careers.
Does this sound like the job for you? We'd love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.