City : Winnipeg, MB, CA, R2X 2G8
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
Canadian Pacific (CP) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Join us for a unique 4-12 month paid internship that offers personal and professional development and community-building. This program will give you an opportunity to work on complex computer science solutions, to develop scalable software systems, and also to collaborate on some smaller projects that have a cybersecurity appeal. It requires research, awareness, interactivity, and the ability to ask the right questions.
The Enterprise Security team at Canadian Pacific is focused on protecting the company from cyber threats and influencing informed decisions around cyber risk management. We leverage the right technology to enable us prevent, detect and respond to cyber threats. As a Cybersecurity Intern, you will work on our some of our core solutions around threat detection, as well as those which support key functions of our cybersecurity team. We are looking for someone who loves reimagining what's possible when it comes to detecting and disrupting attackers and builds software to realize those ideas. Depending on your background and experience, you will be working in one or more of the following areas:
Leverage components of both cyber and physical security to support and enhance the security posture of cyber-physical landscape including Operational Technology (OT), IoT, IIoT and other related technologies and systems. You will research, conceive and support initiatives to extend our cyber-physical security.
As a Cybersecurity Intern, you will use your analysis, design, and technical skills to build innovative solutions for the next-generation cybersecurity tools. You will also explore new approaches to automation, challenge the status-quo, and fundamentally improve the workflow for the Enterprise Security team.
Opportunities to learn about and support various regulatory frameworks that apply to cybersecurity, and gain an understanding into how these requirements translate into final technical solutions and implementations.
You will be paired with a 1:1 mentor, receive support from your manager and have access to the entire Enterprise Security team to ensure your success.
- Apply knowledge gained in computer science courses to real-world cybersecurity and machine learning challenges
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution to effectively solve challenges
- Analyze the latest attacker techniques and apply solutions to detect them
- Research and report on innovative or evolving cybersecurity technologies and systems
- Support a productive and innovative team. This includes working with peers, managers, and teams.
- Third or fourth year student in a University degree program in Computer Science
- Experience with Data Structures or Algorithms (for example, completing coursework, course/individual projects, research, or other practical experience)
- Experience in software development and coding in a general purpose programming language
- Experience working with some of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, information retrieval, networking, developing software systems, OT or IoT configuration, and/or security software development
As an employer with North American presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CPKC. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").
- Req ID: 102176
- Department: Information Services
- Job Type: Summer Student
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade:
- Job Available to: Students