Cyber Controls Assurance Analyst – GCS
City : CALGARY, Alberta, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the Opportunity?
As a Cyber Control Assurance Analyst, you will provide Cyber Security expertise and act as a key Cyber Control advisor to internal business and technology clients. In this role, you will offer Cyber Control assessment services for initiatives in the Application/Infrastructure portfolio to ensure risk mitigation controls are properly designed and documented. You will be part of the team that provide the primary Risk & Security Services contact for projects involving new technology initiatives and enhancements to existing systems as well as interacting with all levels of the organization as a subject matter expert to ensure compliance with Information Security policies, standards, regulations, and industry standards.
What will you do?
- You will perform Cyber Control on application and infrastructure assets (including cloud technologies).
- Participation in Security Review discussions, Walkthroughs and Assessments/Security Workshops.
- Provide security controls guidance to stakeholders as part of the application/Infrastructure control assessment lifecycle.
- Assess security of applications with a focus on review of logical controls.
What do you need to succeed?
- Degree in IT, Cyber Security or other related discipline
- 5+ years IT Work Experience
- Ability to communicate to all levels within the organization as required
- ISO 27002
- Previous experience working with IT Risk in financial institution similar to RBC
- Experience with Application Control Assessments and Infrastructure Control Assessments.
- Knowledge of Security Policies and Standards; Information Security Practices
- Knowledge of compliance, audit and privacy policies and regulations
- Knowledge of cyber security technologies like access control solutions, authentication, network security, cryptography, PCI, privacy and data classification/protection
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.