CWB Structural Welder
City : Fort McMurray, AB
Category : Full time Welding
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:When you join Ledcor you will be part of a team that strives for continuous improvement, gives back to the communities in which we work and supports career growth & development.
Our Fort McMurray Industrial projects are stable and long-term. This means you can plan for your future, whether that means saving for your child’s education or your next amazing vacation.
Did we mention camp and travel allowance are provided? Take advantage of this opportunity and apply today.
As a Rig Welder you will be an integral part of the Ledcor Industrial team. For you, safety and quality are a priority and you are proud of your work at the end of each day.
Join the Ledcor team in Fort McMurray today!
- Study blueprints, drawings, and specifications to determine the lay out of work
- Read and follow directions in given layouts, blueprints and work orders
- Welds parts and structural steel frames
- Stick welding (SMAW) on carbon steel as well as overseeing any required TIG welds
- Assist in preparing parts, columns and beams to be welded, which may include cutting, punching, drilling, and bending of material
- Use and operate the welding equipment to fabricate and customize
- General welders helper duties such as grinding, buffing and weld set up
- Must possess a Journeyperson Welder holding a valid TIG ticket
- Previous experience welding in an industrial setting required
- Must successfully complete pre-access drug and alcohol testing
- Ledcor requires possession of OSSA Regional with CSTS/BSO or CSO, Fall Protection
- EWP and Confined Space are an asset
- Must be fully vaccinated and provide valid COVID-19 vaccination record (unless you have a legitimate recognized medical or religious reason for not getting vaccinated), or agree to submit to testing requirements
- Long term projects, site based camp provided
- Charter Flights from either Edmonton or Calgary, or travel allowance for out-of-province candidates who qualify
- Benefits provided by CLAC
Ledcor Industrial offers an integrated range of services from construction, engineering, and maintenance to pipe fabrication and module assembly. We offer turnkey solutions to our oil and gas clients and have built some of the continent’s largest oil and gas projects.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.