Customer Support Agent – Bilingual
City : Remote, ON, ON, CA
Category : Client Services
Industry : Healthcare
Employer : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a Bilingual Customer Support agent (English and French) to join our team in Mississauga, ON.
This is a Full-Time (REMOTE) position with the ability to use office space with prior intimation. Shift timings are between 7AM – 7PM.
Selected candidates need to be able to communicate primarily in French and English.
This position serves as the initial customer contact for Ontario based LifeLabs customers and clients in support of both French and English. The Bilingual Customer Support Agent will screen inbound calls and work to resolve customer and client inquiries (or escalate appropriately). This involves use system applications and resources to source information required. Information provided must be accurate and in keeping with policy and procedures. Demonstrates LifeLabs Vision and Values in all activities with a focus on the customer experience.
- Communicates results from testing to health care providers through the means of faxing and inbound calls
- Conducting Requests for Action for additional testing on specimens
- Provides customer information to referring physicians and labs
- Escalates inquiries appropriately through systems or leadership
- Responds to routine inquiries from clients or customers, ensuring follow-ups are completed
- Receives and follows-up requests for physician consultations
- Maintains confidentiality involving any information made available directly or indirectly about clients including physicians, patients, employees, and the company
- Observe and execute all laboratory safety and security policies and regulations, including location and use of safety equipment, evacuation routes, disposal of contaminated material AG
- Adheres to corporate health and safety policies
- Be flexible in performing responsibilities in line with customer support initiatives and business needs
- May assist with training and orientation of new staff
- Fluent in both French / English
- High school graduation and/or completion of a Medical Office Assistant training program, or equivalent training or related work experience.
- Good understanding of medical terminology
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to operate telephone system
- Excellent client service skills
- Be able to work independently as well as part of a team and be flexible and adaptable.
- Ability to be flexible and take a positive attitude towards change.
- Minimum 37 wpm and basic computer knowledge
- Ability to cope in stressful situations
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and public relation skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Must be comfortable with PC based technology, keyboarding and navigating through the applications required to source information.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Medical terminology an asset.
- Team player as well as the ability to work independently.
- Flexible to work in a shift environment which may include weekends.
- Desire to meet and exceed pre-defined performance goals.
Hours of Work: Shift timings are flexible for 7 days/week with hours of operation from 7AM - 7PM, with total working hours per week as 37.5 hours.
Working Environment: REMOTE
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.