Customer Service Representative (Customer Experience)
City : Burnaby
Category : Customer Service
Industry : Insurance
Employer : Pacific Blue Cross
Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Pacific Blue Cross Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
Working in a dynamic and stimulating customer contact centre and utilizing the latest technology, you will provide clients with a superior customer experience while answering Extended Health Care and/or Dental inquiries and concerns related to the submission and payment of claims. We are recruiting for the role of Customer Service Representative to join our Customer Experience team starting on April 6, 2023! The role will include in office training, after which, the ability to work from both, office and home, on a hybrid basis.
- Handle 75 to 100 incoming calls per day from health-care providers, members (insured subscribers), administrators and government agencies regarding; Dental and/or Extended Health Care plans and claims
- Act as a Pacific Blue Cross ambassador
- Listen to customers and analyze their needs in a courteous and professional manner
- Offer solutions that are adapted to caller needs.
- A level of knowledge equivalent to high school graduation or higher
- Minimum of 1 year prior work experience in Customer Service
- Computer skills required: strong typing and keyboarding skills and knowledge of Basic Microsoft platforms (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to respond to telephone and e-mail inquiries while performing various administrative functions in a high volume environment;
- Comfortable working in a structured, fast paced environment with measurable targets to maintain
- Strong listening and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Navigate and use a variety of software applications
- Must be punctual and committed to work schedules
- A background in Group Health insurance and/or a LOMA Customer Service designation would be definite assets
- HelpDesk experience would be an asset
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. PBC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this application, pre-employment testing, interviewing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to email@example.com.