Customer Service Associate, EDGE Membership (Temporary)
City : Mississauga
Category : Full time - Temporary
Industry : Education
Employer : Sheridan College
As a launchpad for social ventures EDGE serves founders of purpose-driven organizations at the early stages of their development. We provide learning opportunities, mentorship, co-working space and funding to launch and accelerate social ventures.
EDGE has developed a new membership model to enhance its sustainability and to better serve more entrepreneurs in the community. This year, EDGE launched a coworking membership pilot for startups, freelancers and professionals to access a one-of-a-kind coworking space. As part of this pilot, EDGE requires on-site full-time support to provide day-to-day front desk support and customer service to EDGE clients and Sheridan students. The incumbent will be responsible for providing excellent customer service; maintaining a clean and productive coworking space; processing sales and service requests and general admin support for the EDGE team in-person.
What You’ll be Doing
- Acting as a first point of contact to greet and support prospective and existing customers, students and general public in person;
- Responding to inquiries in person, via phone and email with accurate information about EDGE supports and services;
- Conducting tours and capturing information in the CRM;
- Opening and closing the space, maintaining coworking spaces and amenities for tidiness, hygiene and smooth operations;
- Helping with event set up (requesting chairs, setting up projector);
- Collecting and distributing mail, supporting requests for bookings or equipment requests, restocking and purchasing office supplies and supporting troubleshooting equipment/IT issues;
- Using software tools to communicate announcements or messages to EDGE members;
- Processing credit/debit payments using point of sale system and supporting financial reconciliation processes;
- Checking in coworking members, identifying guests/visitors;
- Keeping records up to date;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
You are a people person. You truly enjoy learning from and interacting with a diverse population.You focus on creating exceptional client experiences at every interaction.
You love a great to-do list and enjoy balancing many different tasks and can prioritize multiple projects while staying organized, managing your time independently and maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
You have the skills and knowledge to work with an increasingly diverse community, student and staff population as well as a proven commitment to anti-oppression, equity, and inclusion.
You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present to diverse audiences and communities.
You are a confident problem solver with great judgement.
You enjoy creating a positive, welcoming, and well-kept environment for others.
The successful candidate will also meet the following requirements:
- A 3-year diploma/degree in Hospitality, Office or Business Administration or related field, along with a minimum of 1 year of job-related experience.
- Experience delivering friendly and exceptional customer service.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience in Microsoft Office. Familiar and comfortable with Slack, Microsoft Teams, and Coworking software.
- Experience with general office administration or front desk/welcome desk support.
Who We Are:
Sheridan EDGE is where impact and entrepreneurship thrive. EDGE is a vibrant community of people from all backgrounds and walks of life who believe entrepreneurship can make lasting change in society. We support changemakers as they explore entrepreneurial approaches to creating a more equitable and sustainable world.
In collaboration with our partners, EDGE provides new and growing ventures with mentorship, learning programs and support to access funding. EDGE is a gateway to Sheridan’s innovation resources and offers physical and virtual communities where impact entrepreneurs can thrive.
- For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan and https://edge.sheridancollege.ca/
Faculty/Department: Office of the Vice Provost, Research, EDGE
Campus Location: HMC (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus). This position is currently working on-site.
Reference #: J0223-1145
Employee Group: Project of a Non-Recurring Kind
Hourly Rate: $22.09 - $23.47 + 4% in lieu of benefits and vacation.
Hours: 9:00am – 5:00pm
Application Details: This is a temporary position that may continue until March 31, 2024.
Application Deadline: March 26, 2023
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan is committed to accessibility for persons with disabilities. If you have any application, interview, or workplace accommodation requests, please contact Human Resources.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.