Customer Service Assistant – Regular Part Time
City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Regular Part Time
Hours: Up to 24 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay Band: 14B
Rate of Pay: $24.88
Posting Date: May 29th, 2023
Closing Date: June 2nd, 2023 at 7:00pm EST
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. Supported by a new strategic plan we are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Customer Service Assistant
Reporting to the Operations Manager, this position provides administrative support to a number of special initiatives and functions within the McKeil School of Business | School of Creative Industries, Liberal Studies & Communication. The main responsibility of this position is to provide customer service support for students, faculty, Advisory Committee Members, staff and stakeholders. The incumbent will be expected to troubleshoot activities related to student and faculty issues. The incumbent must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, prioritize tasks, and exercise independent problem-solving and decision-making skills in the execution of the various activities and issues.
The duties of this position will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Front office customer service, add/drop course registration, booking appointments for SSA, general student and faculty inquiries and triaging, exemptions, book ordering, drop-box and mail deliveries, room bookings via WhereEnCampus, new faculty orientation.
- Supports Program Advisory Committees.
- Provide information and general advice to students, support staff and faculty regarding college procedures, office procedures, exemptions, appeals, academic dates and referring to services offered through Mohawk College (i.e. Counselling / ALS / HR / Payroll etc.).
- Book rooms on behalf of any departmental staff member – spot bookings/specialty lab bookings (approving specialty lab requests as required).
- Answer and forward departmental emails including but not limited to credit transfer emails.
- Composing, typing and filing, internal and external correspondence as directed by manager, Dean, AD, or AAD.
- Work with scheduling department during add/drop period.
- Assist EAP students selecting their timetable during registration period, and help troubleshoot any registration issues.
- Set up promotion meetings each semester – books rooms, schedules dates/times, runs reports with data required to facilitate the meeting.
- Orders and ensure stock of office supplies for support and faculty as well as academic forms (i.e. grade changes, incompletes, scantrons, foolscap etc.) maintaining appropriate levels of office supplies and ensuring all equipment is in working order.
- Troubleshoots and arranges for maintenance and installation of departmental office equipment and photocopiers.
- May be expected to work increased hours during peak times and vacation to provide coverage for these key positions.
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations and reports as requested by the Operations Manager and/ AD.
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients.
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed.
- Assisting in the planning and organization of special college marketing events and department activities such as Open House, Program Career Launch sessions and Information events.
- Work with Admin, Faculty/Program Coordinators, and Event organizers to determine need requirements (ie: signage, space allocations, room bookings etc) and follow-up as necessary.
- Liaise with Development Office to ensure all awards available for selection are complete and accurate.
- Communicate with Program Coordinators to select award recipients and advise Awards Office within established timelines.
Office Data Management and Communication
- On-going maintenance of the office file system and data collection.
- Ensuring electronic copies of all course outlines, learning plans, and assessment tools are obtained from faculty and filed appropriately.
- Creation of forms and tracking systems to improve office operations.
- Maintenance of department email distribution lists each term and ensuring important office communication is dispersed to all stakeholders as directed by the Associate Dean.
- Review and maintenance of program calendar pages and website for accuracy of information.
- Housing all corporate and departmental policies in one place as well as maintenance of the Employee Guide.
- Pulling POS, CRN, or FAST data for faculty and support staff as required.
- Creation of Scheduling binder and updating as necessary when changes are made each term.
- Data collection for special projects as directed by the Associate Dean.
- Organization and maintenance of the network files.
Other Duties as Assigned
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum of a two-year post-secondary diploma in Office/Business Administration, or related field.
- A minimum 3 years of related work experience; ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment, cope with multiple deadlines and meet departmental priorities.
- Excellent customer service skills and client relationship building skills.
- Advanced computer knowledge in MS Office, Calendaring, Millennium, Banner, Fast Suite, Internet research and e-mail correspondence.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- High degree of problem solving, judgment and decision-making abilities required.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills to deal with clients, community partners and stakeholders and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
- Flexibility in working hours throughout the year is necessary to meet deadlines & changes.
- Self-starter, comfortable with establishing own priorities.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively inter-culturally with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community
and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous
people, persons with disabilities, S2LGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may
contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/