Customer Fulfillment Analyst – US (Contract)
City : Mississauga - Financial Dr.
Category : Other
Industry : Food/Packaging
Employer : Maple Leaf Foods
This Analyst, Customer Fulfillment – US, has ownership of the executional supply chain relationship with key customers and is aligned to a commercial Customer Business Team. The role is primarily accountable for developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with their customer(s) and leading the day-to-day supply interactions. The mandate of this role is to ensure both service and on-time delivery targets are met and support our US Sales team to deliver rapid US growth. Finally, this individual will be responsible for score carding and providing root cause and corrective action in regards to fulfillment challenges..Any MLF team member interested in being considered for this role are encouraged to apply online by September 26, 2023. Applications received beyond that date are not guaranteed consideration.
A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
- Ownership of all US Supply Chain execution, in coordination with the functional supply chain department leads across MLF.
- Own relationship with supply chain buyers at several customers, as it pertains to order fulfillment process.
- Monitor and mitigate risk of execution against regular and key promotional activity with customer.
- Review and engagement in issue resolution to fulfill US orders and deliveries.
- Weekly monitoring, review, and assessment of US forecasts vs. orders, supply levels, supply positioning and production planning to meet future US orders.
- Lead Weekly Scrum with relevant stakeholders to measure performance on agreed to KPI’s, address supply or delivery issues
- Weekly review of US inventory levels (aging and constrained) to eliminate OCD by working closely with sales and customers to move all stock prior to distressed sales.
- Review performance and profitability of US distribution network and customer mix and lead changes to improve efficiency, lower cost or drive improved performance.
- Assess and report on the impact to Maple Leaf Foods of any customer policy regarding supplier performance levels, particularly as it relates to compliance or incentive programs
- Work with the Manager, Supply Chain and Collaboration to provide input and supply chain stewardship to ensure successful launch of new items and customers in the US marketplace.
- Work closely with US Customer Supply Chain Representatives.
- Co-ordination of multiple internal functions to accomplish the above.
What You’ll Bring:
- Own both the external customer and internal sales team relationships by being the primary point of contact for short term elevation or executional inquiries.
- Work in tandem with the Demand Planner to regularly review order vs forecast variance inclusive closely monitoring draws against new launches.
- Closely monitor KPI’s and trends to put root cause and corrective action in place ensuring flawless execution.
- Work with transportation team to measure and discuss actions to ensure transportation carriers exceed target expectations.
- Support Category Sales Development for USA Customers/SKUs, which includes alignment with CBT on any allocations.
- Ensure deployment planners and supply planners are knowledgeable of US business and helps with setting appropriate inventory targets and replenishment frequency.
- Identify and mitigate possible supply constraints directly with cross functional stakeholders.
- Ensure effective, proactive, and timely communication of supply concerns or opportunities with all stakeholders.
- Collaborates with Sales, Supply Planning & Specialty Sales to proactively mitigate Distressed Sales.
- Be informed of customs compliances processes and engage when required.
- Works closely with Customs Compliance when issues arise.
- Support the introduction of innovation by reviewing product logistics specifications and ensuring product design meets logistics requirements for storage and delivery to customer expectations.
- Review and approve customer invalids approvals, when appropriate.
- Work closely with Food Safety and Quality Assurance on export hold and release.
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.