Customer Experience Associate – First Nations/Metit/Inuit
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Customer Service Representative
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 185064
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
First Nations/Metis/Inuit – Customer Experience Associate
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous peoples include First Nation, Métis and Inuit people. Only Indigenous peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group
What your role will be…
At Scotiabank we help employees build their futures – where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities. At Scotiabank – you can make an impact. You help make the futures of our 25 million customers happen. You can find your future here.
As a Customer Experience Associate, you are the face, character and heart of our branches. Scotiabank is a place where we put our customers first, and our priority is to help them achieve their financial goals.
Our Customer Experience Associates are people-centric and connect with customers in a relatable way. As an essential member of the Canadian Banking Branch network, the focus is to provide exceptional service throughout the customer’s journey by:
- Taking a proactive approach to discovering our customer’s needs and listening to understand what they are asking for
- Processing day to day transactions
- Nurturing rich, long-standing relationships
- Contributing to the Branch’s targets by identifying and fulfilling simple sales opportunities
- Being a technology expert and sharing your knowledge by introducing clients to our mobile banking applications and assisting them to better manage their banking needs
Is this role right for you? In this role you will:
- Build strong customer relationships and deliver excellent customer service
- Uncover and solve customers’ needs
- Explain complicated concepts simply
- Demonstrate success in a target-based performance environment, as well as contribute positively to a team-oriented work environment
- Demonstrate an eagerness to learn and determination to succeed
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? – We’d love to work with you if you:
- Have proven customer service skills through work or community involvement
- Are willing to assist in a professional, friendly and efficient manner
- Are available to work a flexible schedule
- Are comfortable in simple sales situations
- Have strong technical skills and the ability to promote digital and self-service banking options to our customers
- The opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive organization and connect with other First Nations, Inuit, and Metis Scotiabankers and their allies when joining our Indigenous Employee Resource Group.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package which include:
- $10,000 annually dedicated to your well being
- Traditional Indigenous Practices Leave
- Indigenous Employee Mentoring Program
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities
- You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You’ll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development
- You'll receive clear, transparent criteria to progress in your career
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Alberta : Edmonton || Canada : British Columbia : Vancouver || Canada : Manitoba : Winnipeg || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.