Customer Care Specialist
City : Mississauga, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Customer Care
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Mississauga, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Customer Care, Greater Toronto Lowrise Division
Manager, Customer Care
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The Customer Care Specialist acts as the on-going point of contact at Mattamy for homeowners, from post-purchase through to post-warranty periods. The Customer Care Specialist follows up on homeowner inquiries by providing prompt, complete, and accurate responses, and acts as an advocate for the homeowner in coordinating customer care activities together with all internal departments to ensure The Best Homeowner Experience is delivered at each opportunity.
What you’ll do
- Field, document, and research homeowner telephone calls/emails/ letters and responds to homeowner concerns and inquiries within our Service Standards.
- Keep homeowners informed on the status of their home by completing ongoing Touchpoints at designated times. Scheduling pre-construction and framewalk appointments as required.
- Acts as liaison between homeowner and all departments; providing follow-ups and advising of outcome.
- Schedule, plan and participate in homeowner information sessions (“Mattamy University”), including conducting presentations to homeowners.
- Bi-weekly site visits as required.
- Provide homeowners with an escalated avenue for complaint resolution, ensuring appropriate managers are aware of concerns or trends.
- Follow up, maintain, and inform appropriate individuals at Head Office and Warranty Service Managers of all Tarion correspondence.
- Prepare and distribute educational materials to homeowners, including Homeowner Information Sheets, and updating the Service Centre website.
- Assist with the creation of dashboards for key KPI’s for department heads, finance and other decision makers.
- Special projects and additional responsibilities as required.
What you bring
- University or College graduate with a minimum of 2 years extensive experience in a Customer Service role.
- Demonstrated interpersonal/customer service skills.
- Ability to deal professionally and effectively with the public/homeowners.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Competency with public speaking and conducting presentations to large groups.
- Exceptional communication skills including excellent research, written, oral, listening and public-speaking skills.
- Well-organized, confident individual with the ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-starter, ability to obtain complete and accurate resolutions from company or industry resources.
- Working knowledge of internet, Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships internally and externally.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.