Curling Assistant Ice Technician/Facility Operator- Toronto/East York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Program and Facility Support, incl Call Centre
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Category:||Program and Facility Support, incl Call Centre|
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|Work Location:||East York Curling Club|
|District:||Toronto East York|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||09/17/2023|
Job Summary: To assist in the maintenance of the building and operation of the ice maintenance for the curling rink.
- Assist in the maintenance of the building and operation of the ice maintenance for the curling rink.
- Prepares ice surface for curling (i.e. scraping, shaving, pebbling and sweeping).
- Monitors and records ice information.
- Cleans the surrounding areas (i.e. vacuuming, washing windows, club brushes, waste removal, etc.).
- Notifies supervisor of any problems concerning electrical, plumbing, and mechanical failure.
- Inspects, maintains and cleans facility.
- Ensures sidewalks and entrances are maintained in a safe manner (i.e. shovelled and salted during the winter season; stairs and floors kept dry).
- Conducts regular facility checks to provide security.
- Reports all incidents and accidents to senior staff and uses the appropriate incident forms.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies as outlined in Divisional policies and procedures.
- Records all pertinent information in the communication logs.
- Interacts with members and the public to provide program information.
- Assists in special event setup.
- Assists bartenders.
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- On ice experience, min 1 year.
- Experience operating some curling equipment.
- Level One Ice Technician Certificate an asset.
- Must produce original current Standard First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certifications as recognized by the WSIB.
- Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folders, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.