Culinary – Pot/Dishwasher
City : Kitimat
Category : Full-time Customer Service
Industry : Facilities Services
Employer : Sodexo
Schedule: 14/7 Fly in Fly out
Location: Kitimat, BC
As a member of our Culinary team, you will always provide the highest quality of customer service, while working for Sodexo. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position.
- Ensuring cleanliness, tidiness, and safety of work environment.
- Washes pots, pans and utensils and stores items in designated areas.
- Cleans work area, floors, and garbage receptacles.
- Washes dishes and other kitchenware.
- Loads and unloads dishwasher, inspects dishes for cleanliness and places them in designated storage areas.
- Cleans washing machine and work area.
- Assists with the training of new employees.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Growth, Development & Qualifications:
- Previous experience as a Pot/Dishwasher in a larger construction camp or institutional setting considered an asset.
- Must have working knowledge of proper dishwashing procedures in accordance with current health regulations.
- Must have a minimum of six months experience with side feeding commercial dishwashing machines, or equivalent experience.
- Must be able to work with heavy duty grease cutting soaps and detergents (i.e. cannot have sensitive skin or allergies to chemicals).
- May be required to work shift or night shift.
- Endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods.
- Must have a valid Food Safe Certification or be willing to obtain certificate prior to commencing employment.
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
- Must be physically fit and capable of lifting heavy items up to 50lbs.
- Embodies our value behaviors: Service Spirit, Team Spirit, and the Spirit of Progress.
- High School Diploma an asset but not required.
- Must have valid food safety certificate.
- May accept an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2019
- Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes 2019
- Diversity Inc. Top 50 employer 2019
· And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs