City : MARKHAM
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
CSA Estimator - ( 2300032K )
We’re in the business of limitless potential. From iconic designs to monumental ground breakings, we believe the best solutions are the product of diverse perspectives.
By managing capital programs and projects as if they were our own, our project management business, and technical experts work with clients to strategize, plan, and deliver projects that help them achieve their organization’s objectives. Our award-winning team has managed thousands of projects across all sectors — hospitals, airports, and entire university campuses; infrastructure like mass transit and water-treatment facilities; and energy and resource assignments, from mines to wind farms.
Join an award-winning team of program and project management specialists that are passionate to bring transformational project solutions to life.
Stantec is seeking a Civil/Architectural/Structural (CSA) Estimator within our Program Management group with a background in a wide range of sectors including transit, healthcare and nuclear.
This is a key position and requires excellent communication skills and a willingness to work as part of a large multidisciplinary team to successfully deliver major capital projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the preparation and review of all classes of estimates of probable costs at each design milestone on projects across North America.
- Assess merit and cost for project changes and claims and support negotiations.
- Coordinate efforts and compile information from other estimating disciplines.
- Provide innovative solutions to estimating issues and problems.
- Develop, maintain and improve procedures, databases, early phase cost models, templates and tools for cost estimating.
- Establish site specific estimating criteria including wage and person-hour productivity rates.
- Provide input and recommendations for estimating requirements relative to staffing for the full range of estimating activities.
- Perform cost risk assessment and probabilistic simulations to establish project contingency and project reserve.
- Develop cost loading for project schedule.
- Support project procurement.
- Prepare and present project cost reports to internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to and support project pursuits.
- Other estimating and cost management activities as required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong team player with positive collaborative attitude.
- Work independently with minimal guidance.
- Knowledge of cost estimating, CIQS and AACE guidelines and best practices, engineering design, construction practices and procurement for major projects.
- Knowledge of estimating methodologies, scheduling, construction practices and project constraints and risks.
- Knowledge of other estimating disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Subway Systems and industry costing software.
- Ability to develop a WBS and estimates for multi-billion dollar programs.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, direct, perform, review, and present cost estimating projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to make timely decisions and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of different procurement methods, contracts and how they apply to estimating.
- Proficient in MS Office and knowledgeable of estimating software (Sage Estimating and others).Advanced technical knowledge of cost estimating, CIQS and AACE guidelines and best practices, engineering design, construction practices and procurement for major projects.
Education and Experience
- Technical degree/diploma/certificate or equivalent in related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5 years of experience in a Civil/Architectural/Structural estimating role. Construction experience is an asset. Cost consultant experience an asset.
- PQS or equivalent designation is preferred.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Markham
Organization : BC-1262 Transpt-CA Program Management
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 22, 2023, 10:36:04 AM
Req ID: 2300032K
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans