Critical Infrastructure Operator
City : Calgary
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
Shaw has an exciting opportunity for Critical Infrastructure Operator in our Calgary Data Centre’s. Reporting to the Supervisor, the successful candidate will be accountable for maintaining the safe and efficient operations of Shaw’s Calgary Data Centres. He/she will be assisting with troubleshooting regular building related problems including, but not limited to temperature control, water treatment, UPS and generator operation, mechanical failures, elevator problems, plumbing, etc. Assists with complex maintenance tasks. Performs regular building maintenance tasks as needed.
A typical day
• Operate HVAC systems, Emergency power generation, UPS systems
• Conduct daily inspections, record instrument readings, operate, troubleshoot and repair plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems, including generators, lighting, boilers, chillers, cooling towers, pumps, fan coil units, and cooling towers
• Perform scheduled maintenance on all equipment as per manufacturer's recommendations and legislated requirements including water treatment, filter changes, motor bearing lubrication, belt alignment and replacement
• Monitor, operate, analyze and optimize equipment control through the building automation system to facilitate efficient and effective building operation
• Make recommendations, obtain quotes for replacement versus repair on failed equipment
• Complete drywall, door hardware and plumbing fixture repair, light bulb and ceiling tile replacement, painting, and general carpentry work
• Assist in the development and implementation of standard operating procedures, orientation/training manuals, refining of preventative maintenance schedules and safety procedures
• Learn and become proficient in using technology, devices and applications that are provided/introduced by the company
• Ability to work in a rotational shift which will ensure 24/7 coverage of our critical centers including night shifts. Shift is onsite 4 days on, 4 days off rotating days and night. 12 hour shifts
• Promote and represent Shaw in a positive and professional manner
• Certificate in Power Engineering (4th Class preferred) complimented by 3 to 5 years in building and facility operations. Large facility experience an asset
• Thorough knowledge, understanding, and experience with application of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, Regulations and Code, WHMIS legislation, Building Codes and Fire Codes
• Working knowledge of Direct Digital Controls and Building Automation Systems; preferably Siemens controls and Apogee automation system
• Proficiency in the use of smartphones, computers, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Office) preventative maintenance databases and electronic tenant request systems
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
• Able to perform in critical system environments, 7/24/365
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize
• Be strongly self motivated
• A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity and empathy
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal background check
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.