Credit Risk Review Specialist (18-month temp)
City : Surrey, British Columbia, CA, V3T 0K7
Category : See posting
Industry : Financial Services
Employer : Coast Capital
Location: Surrey, Vancouver - GVA, Calgary or Toronto GTA
Job Type: Full Time
myWork Options: In-person, Hybrid
Starting Salary Range: $63,300
Background Screening Requirement:
- Enhanced Criminal Record Check (every 5 years)
- Credit Check (every 5 years)
- Social Media Check (every 5 years)
- Identity Verification
- Education Verification
- Employment Verification
What's the job?
As the Credit Risk Review Specialist, you are responsible for ensuring the successful operation of the Credit Risk Review Corporate Standard. This position is responsible for establishing a framework for the review of AEF-originated loans and leases. The individual is accountable for assessing adherence to credit policies, standards, and procedures, as well as the completeness and accuracy of loan/lease data by performing independent reviews on AEF lending products on a post-review basis within the organization as well as evaluating activities of Lending personnel (compliance with policy, standards, guidelines, and procedure as well as approvals and pricing) by completing file reviews on transactions. Additional scope of duties includes diligence to promptly identify transactions with potential credit weaknesses, identify relevant trends within the lending portfolio and surface characteristics for management that affect compliance with established lending principles. The Specialist works closely with AEF's credit, collection and fulfilment departments to ensure risk is monitored and documented about lending activity. The incumbent acts as liaison with external parties, e.g. FICOM, KPMG, OSFI, etc. The Specialist is also responsible for monitoring Fraud Risk "Identification, Assessment, Control, Monitoring, and Reporting". Additionally, they work to ensure Fraud Inventory, Risk Appetite and Fraud Risk Governance and Management are maintained and adhered to.
What else will you get to do every day?
- Ensure a complete Fraud inventory is maintained.
- Must be familiar with legislation that could put AEF/CCS at risk for non-compliance (e.g., FICOM Lending Policy, Credit Union Act, BPCPA, Bank Act, Privacy Act, etc.).
- Partner with management to identify and assess the organization's credit risk to help management meet operational, financial, and compliance objectives.
- Ensure Fraud Risk Governance and Management practices and principles are adhered to.
- Develop and implement a credit risk-based review program using business and risk profiling to meet corporate objectives.
- Assess the effectiveness and efficiency of credit risk controls, analyze trends, and make recommendations to the Director, Credit - AEF, for changes to AEF lending policies.
- Comfortable in making presentations to AEF Sr. Leadership and department management teams.
- Ensure all Fraud Risk identification, assessment, control, monitoring, and reporting requirements are adhered to.
- Provide support and assistance to the external/internal auditors, including but not limited to the completion of specified internal reviews on which the external/internal auditor relies.
- Support AEF corporate initiatives as assigned.
- Ensure the effective planning, organizing and execution of credit risk-based reviews designed to add value and help improve AEF operations.
- Provide monthly and quarterly Credit Risk Review reports to various department managers and AEF Sr. Leadership.
- Ensure a strong fraud risk culture is maintained through regular reviews.
- Ensure AEF adjudication staff reviews credit documents for fraud through the legitimacy and potential alterations of documents.
- Ensure all fraud key performance indicators are monitored against the established fraud appetite.
- Ensure the established and documented Fraud Risk Appetite is measured based on the FRMF, including KRIs and KPIs. This includes Fraud Basis Points overall for AEF and by business line, Fraud Basis Points Limits for each channel, Fraud Losses tracking per channel, # Fraud Cases total and per channel.
- Provide fraud reporting across all Business Lines and Risk Management on detailed fraud operational metrics including but not limited to # fraud applications per channel, $ of fraud exposure per channel, # approved fraud applications, application detection rate, false positive, # collection fraud cases, $ collection fraud cases, $ collection recovery.
Who are we looking for?
- Minimum 4 – 6 Years of Job-Related Experience - Must have credit risk management experience within the financial services industry and a good working knowledge of credit risk. Must have strong lending knowledge, including a full range of products. A combination of relevant experience and education will be considered.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Financial Services, Commerce or related field or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient knowledge of Compass and Lease Plus banking systems.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in Credit Underwriting, Collections and Fulfillment.
- Proficient knowledge of AEF Fraud Guidelines and Routines.
Equity, Diversity & Inclusion at Coast Capital
Don’t meet every single requirement? At Coast Capital, we believe everyone has potential. We are committed to building better, brighter, more inclusive futures for everyone – including our employees. We see the potential in our employees to achieve amazing things and want to invest in your future. If you’re excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this or other opportunities at Coast Capital.
At Coast Capital, we are committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous Peoples, Black, and racialized persons, persons with disabilities, people of diverse sexual and gender identities and women. We value applicants who have demonstrated a commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion and recognize that diverse perspectives, experiences and expertise benefit of our employees, our members, and our community.
We strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our candidates with different abilities. If you require any accommodations, please contact email@example.com or call 778-391-5836. We will work with you to meet your needs.