Credit Advisor – RBC Advice Centre
City : MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, Canada
Category : Customer Service | Client Advice | Sales
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
This is a first point of contact specialized sales role that allows you the freedom to provide “out of the box” creative credit solutions and credit advice to personal banking clients. You will provide a superior experience through engaging clients in conversation and by using active listening skills and effective probing questions to identify & understand the clients’ immediate and future credit requirements and their short- and long-term financial goals. With the clients’ total borrowing needs in mind, you will provide appropriate financial advice and suggest financial products and service solutions to meet the needs of a diverse client base. This is a full-time and shift oriented role with an opportunity to potentially work from home.
What will you do?
- Provide responsive sales and service to clients through the delivery of information and financial advice on a wide variety of personal lending products & services
- Engage clients in genuine conversations to effectively identify & address their primary needs and provide clients with relevant financial advice and RBC solutions to meet their needs
- Complete and decision telephone credit applications for personal banking clients
- Provide superior, responsive execution and delivery of tailored client transactions
- Refer clients to appropriate RBC Partners as needed, to meet their needs
- Take ownership of and provides effective first point of contact resolution
- Demonstrates commitment to learning and professional development
What do you need to succeed?
- Goal oriented individual with recent demonstrated experience in financial services, including delivering credit advice and solutions to clients
- Track record in building rapport and maintaining client relationships within the financial or service industry
- You must be fully flexible to work shift hours from Monday to Saturday 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM EST and must be within one-hour commutable distance of the Advice Centre
- Continued employment is conditional upon successful completion of the DLA training, and attaining DLA
- Customer Service experience and strong sales orientation with a passion for building strong relationships and connecting with clients
- Strong English communication skills (oral and written)
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference in our client’s lives and to our communities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation and stock where applicable
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Excellent career development and access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available conditional on employees being able to meet with the technological and confidentiality requirements of the role (i.e., private and quiet space, Internet connectivity, etc.) Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.