Creative Manager – Private Brands (6 month contract)
City : St. Jacobs, Ontario, Canada
Category : Marketing
Industry : Retail
Employer : Home Hardware
Home Hardware has an exciting opportunity available for a Creative Manager - Private Brands to join our Marketing Brand Management team. Reporting to the Director - Brand Management, Marketing Communications & Research in this role you will be responsible for the creative development and brand standards of Home Hardware’s Private Brands. The position will oversee all creative aspects of the Private Brands across various mediums and marketing initiatives.
If you’re a creative person with the ability to conceptualize and develop marketing initiatives, we’d love to hear from you!
Please note this is a 6-month contract position.
What you’ll do:
- Strong design skills with the ability to translate business strategy and briefs into effective creative outputs to create awareness and drive sales of private brands, categories, and product offerings.
- Plan, coordinate and develop all marketing collateral for private brands, including but not limited to TV/video production, social/digital media, website, email, POP, print advertising, and dealer support tools.
- Develop and maintain the Private Brand logo and brand standards, while working closely with agency partners.
- Ability to develop outstanding creative content and manage the creative process from concept to completion. Oversee the creative development process with outside advertising agencies.
- Monitor competitive activity from a creative viewpoint.
- Ability to help develop paint colour palettes according to trends in concert with the paint manufacturing team and translate paint colour accurately in different mediums, such as printed colour cards and paint chips.
- Ability to understand trends, particularly in colour, décor and house design/projects to develop compelling content that drives sales.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Private Brands Graphic Designer.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree or diploma in Graphic Design/Interior Design with 5 -10 years of experience.
- Excellent creativity and the ability to conceptualize, develop and consult on marketing initiatives.
- Proficiency in a Mac environment utilizing Adobe Creative Suite and Office products.
- Private Brand marketing, décor, colour and paint industry knowledge would be an asset.
- Excellent understanding of omnichannel marketing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to communicate clearly at all levels including internal team members, external agency partners, business partners and other key stakeholders.
- Ability to visualize a project and bring the concept to life including the ability to direct photographers and videographers.
- Some travel required. Ability to work additional or varied hours as required to fulfill the responsibilities of the position.
Home Hardware recognizes the value of a diverse team. We believe that different perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences make us stronger as an organization. Applicants representing the full diversity of communities in Canada are encouraged to apply with confidence. Please let us know if you require accommodation during the recruitment process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.