Corporate Tax Manager, TMT
City : Vaughan
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
As a Manager in the TMT tax group you will work closely with Partners on tax compliance, tax provision and tax planning initiatives with a diverse mix of TMT clients from technology star-up companies to major Canadian and multinational public enterprises. Your organizational skills and leadership abilities will enable you to manage teams on a variety of tax advisory, compliance and provision engagements. The ideal candidate has a passion for client service excellence, instills their client-centric approach in junior team members through day-to-day coaching, and has an ability to identify potential tax planning opportunity for clients.
What you will do
- Working closely with a Partner as a senior team member on developing tax planning solutions for our diverse client base that includes owner managed companies, public companies in TMT sectors, and Canadian subsidiaries of multi-national companies.
- Leading teams on tax compliance and tax research assignments as well as conducting tax provision review for our TMT audit or non-audit clients.
- Participating in the divestiture and acquisition transactions of the TMT sector clients.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of junior staff.
- Working with peers and other colleagues in “going to market” plans to help attract new work to the firm.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum of 4 years specializing in Tax in a public accounting firm.
- Professional Accounting Designation (such as the CPA, CA or equivalent)
- Completed or currently enrolled in CPA Canada In-Depth Tax Course.
- Experience with income tax accounting skills under IFRS, U.S. GAAP and ASPE is preferred
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills with a proven ability to clearly explain complex tax and business issues to clients.
- Strong commitment to professional and client service excellence.
- Ability to research and write utilizing electronic tax tools.
- Demonstrated experience organizing and executing on client engagements while acting as a trusted business advisor.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.