Corporate security Officer – ACSO
City : Ottawa, ON
Category : Corporate - Legal
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
The ideal candidate would have good understanding of Government of Canada (GC) security requirements, knowledge of the Policy on Government Security and applicable directives that fall under it. The selected individual will become an advisor to WSP Canada Inc. teams working on GC and Crown Corporations contracts and help envision all security requirements for security clearances, physical and IT security. The individual will be a key member of the Contract Security team at WSP Canada Security Services and will be leading project security requirements as a Lead ACSO.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Acting as a Lead ACSO, support the Company Security Officer (CSO) in fulfilling responsibilities related to security clearance processing and Industrial Security
- Act as a trusted advisor for WSP proposal coordinators and project management teams in reviewing Government of Canada security requirements and propose physical and IT security solutions to meet Contract Security Manual (CSM) requirements
- Work with senior leaders to make and implement recommendations to adhere to security requirements under the Public Services and Procurement Canada's Contract Security Program (CSP)
- Work with senior leaders to create and operate in Protected B and Classified environments.
- Support multiple security engagements of varying size, scope, and complexity
- Motivate ACSO team members and provide day-to-day guidance when required.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- Secret security clearance from the Government of Canada is required
- Prior experience in leading teams and achieve operational and strategic goals.
- Prior experience with IT Architecture, Operations, Networks, Identity and Access Management, Cloud, and Security technologies is an asset;
- Ability to learn on the job and make recommendations & decisions based on business priorities and sound logic
- Leveraging your understanding of GC departments' GC IT security requirements to help project teams in winning and fulfilling GC contracts.
- Good understanding of GC Contract Security Manual (CSM), Contract Security Program and security requirements for working on Federal contracts
- Understanding of organizational and individual security clearance requirements as well as the process for designated organization screening (DOS), facility security clearance (FSC) and personnel security clearances
- CPP/PSP and CISSP, and or similar security certifications are highly desirable
- Knowledge of security audit and risk assessment frameworks is highly desirable
- Understanding of ISO 27001, 27002, 27017 and 27018 is highly desirable
- Keys to your success