CORPORATE SANITATION AUDITOR
Considering a Career at Maple Leaf Foods?
Maple Leaf Foods is Canada’s leading consumer-packaged protein company, headquartered in
Toronto, Ontario. We make high-quality, great tasting, nutritious and innovative food products under leading brands including Maple Leaf®, Maple Leaf Prime®, Maple Leaf Natural Selections®, Schneiders®, Schneiders Country Naturals® and Mina™. Our Company employs approximately 11,000 people in its operations across Canada and exports to more than 20 global markets including the U.S. and Asia.
Our people are passionate about the work they do and the products we make. As we move forward, we are determined to leverage their integrity and passion to continue to build a high-performing, values-based company enabled by high-performing, motivated and talented people.
As part of Maple Leaf Food’s Food Safety and Quality Internal Audit Team, the Corporate Sanitation Auditor- will execute the Corporate Sanitation Internal Audit across all MLF slaughter and further processing plants, and provide direct support to plants with Sanitation program compliance expectations. Additionally the auditor will identify and follow-up issues requiring corrective action, and promote the dissemination of good sanitation practices.
The position requires an individual with demonstrable knowledge of sanitation management, and food industry experience. Knowledge of Food Safety and Quality best practices, and auditing experience is an advantage.
- Execute an effective sanitation audit in accordance with the MLF Sanitation Audit Standard.
- Provide feedback during and after audits to contribute to the improvement of the sanitation process
- Prepare detailed reports on the audit outcomes, and effectively communicate in a timely manner
- Undertake the necessary follow-up to ensure plants respond appropriately and corrective actions are effective.
- Communicate sanitation internal audit arrangements with key stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and continuous improvement of the MLF Sanitation Audit Standard.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCY REQUIREMENTS:
- High degree of functional competency and technical understanding in sanitation practices and sanitation chemistry.
- Working knowledge of the functionality of sanitation cleaning/sanitizing systems and other sanitation tools used for daily execution of the sanitation program, including CIP (Clean in Place) and COP (Clean out of Place) systems.
- Minimum 5 years full time experience in sanitation management , including at least 2 years work in the food industry.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written in dealing with all levels of the business from shop floor to senior management, and willingness to share knowledge and to provide ideas / content, is required.
- Must be self starter, with strong bias for action and follow through, comfortable working independently, and ability to manage own workload through effective prioritization, communication and execution
- Relevant education in a food related or bio-science higher education course or equivalent
- Demonstrated understanding of the application of HACCP principles
- Primary working environment includes slaughter and further processing plants. Facility inspections, including less accessible areas beneath and inside equipment, on flat roof, within roof voids will be required.
- Must work within plant Health and Safety program requirements.
- Must be able to travel through-out Canada and the United States.
- Must be able to work on the sanitation shift as part of audit process.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 905-285-5862. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.