Corporate Safety Manager
City : Dieppe
Category : Legal, Compliance & Audit
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Corporate Safety Manager
Headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, the J.D. Irving, Limited Moncton-based companies have plants, terminals, operations, and sales office throughout Canada and in the United States. We are a dynamic, rapidly growing and successful group with diverse interests. We are proud to be part of the larger Irving Group of Companies, a family-owned business whose commitment to quality products and services dates back over 140 years.
We are seeking a dynamic and highly motivated professional to join our organization in the role of Corporate Safety Manager located at our Corporate office at 100 Midland Drive, Dieppe, New Brunswick.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Environmental, Health, and Safety, the Corporate Safety Manager will provide strategic leadership on safety and health management initiatives across the J.D. Irving Moncton based businesses. These businesses include manufacturing, food processing, transportation, and contract labor support. This includes providing leadership, coaching, and subject matter expertise. This position will also provide Safety Leadership to the Protrans business equivalent to 25% of their time.
- Provide Safety Leadership and Guidance to Protrans:
- Provide mentorship and coaching to EHS professionals in business
- Help to create long term EHS strategy for business.
- Develop and Implement Corporate Safety and Health Strategy including leading and lagging key performance indicators:
- Provide guidance for the business on 3-5 year strategy for overall safety improvements
- Create long term strategies for health and wellness
- Manage Corporate data accuracy and report generation
- Work with team to develop annual goals and objectives
- Actively engage in ensuring all aspects of regulatory compliance in health and safety across businesses.
- Develop and implement safety standards and processes across businesses:
- Standard safety management system
- Standards and policies for high risk areas, PPE, or other.
- Conduct onsite visits for audit and coaching purposes:
- Provide coaching to onsite EHS leaders
- Participate in safety & environmental audits.
- Build capability, coach, and mentor business safety leaders:
- Support Business Corporate EHS leaders
- Develop joint strategies and collaboration across business leaders
- Manage injury adjudication process with businesses
- Provide guidance on root cause analysis and problem solving.
Successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- University degree in Occupational Health and Safety or Environmental Discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7-10+ years of relevant experience in an organization with proven results in OHS, risk assessment, and risk mitigation
- Safety Management Professional designation from a recognized organization (CRSP, CSP, NEBOSH, CRST)
- Experience of applying LEAN improvement methodology in manufacturing or transportation
- Experience in multiple business sectors as a safety professional: manufacturing, agriculture, food processing, and transportation is a plus
- Strong morals and ethics, along with a commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to travel within Canada and the US. Travel required a few days a month and on demand as circumstances require.
What We Offer:
- A dynamic, safe, and rewarding work environment on a high-performing team
- Hybrid work environment where you can work from home two days per week
- Opportunities to grow your career
- Free parking and on-site fitness center
- On-site Cafeteria
- Competitive compensation and benefits package including health, drug and dental, life, critical illness, disability insurance, as well as Group RSP with matching contributions
- Free access to Medicalux Clinic providing private Nurse Practitioner services to you and your immediate family – located in Dieppe
- Free access to Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee discount programs which include reimbursement for gym memberships, preferential rates for personal insurance, cell phones, hotel and car rentals
- Free access to over 4000 Skillsoft on demand e-learning courses as part of our commitment to learning and development.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online with an up-to-date resume of past experience and education.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.