Corporate Real Estate Manager
City : Vancouver
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Corporate Real Estate Manager - ( 240000C9 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that works behind the scenes to support operational excellence. Our functional services teams (FSTs) provide services to 28,000 employees in over 400 locations across 6 continents. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our FSTs are vital to making our Company stronger. Explore opportunities in Financial Services.
Join a smart, creative, and inspired Corporate Real Estate team that works to strategize, and implement effective and cost- efficient real estate strategies to provide outstanding workplaces that enables Stantec to optimize work spaces, improve efficiency and continue to drive team engagement within an inspired ‘one team’ culture.
Stantec is seeking a Corporate Real Estate Manager to be based in any of our major US office locations, reporting to the Director- Corporate Real Estate, to support regional real estate, real estate transactions and other requirements.
You will participate in the planning, implementation, evaluation, recommendation and completion of a variety of real estate strategic initiatives and projects and the day-to-day management of an assigned regional property portfolio. As a Corporate Real Estate Manager, you will be in a business-critical role where you will guard against and minimize risks associated with increased occupancy costs and drive improved workplace quality.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support financial, economic, and management consulting services to regional and corporate leadership.
- Assist in evaluating client-specific situations and requirements, and recommend solutions to complex business, strategic, and operational issues.
- Meet performance goals and objectives with respect to portfolio requirements, stated delivery milestones, key metrics, standard processes and training activities.
- Manage the assigned real estate portfolio, critical dates and user group requirements.
- Negotiate contractual terms in lease and related real estate agreements so that Stantec’s interests are protected, financial goals achieved, and risk is minimized.
- Manage all internal controls and approvals and documentation required, including drafting and reviewing lease agreements.
- Manage brokerage partners providing services on transactions.
- Develop highly effective internal relationships with key stakeholders, clients, colleagues and key business partners to ensure cross-collaborative approach to highly successful transactions and portfolio management.
- Ensure proper documentation are in place to ensure the company’s commercial and contractual position is being protected.
- Carry the highest level of ethical and fiduciary responsibility to Stantec and your internal clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Working knowledge of related fields such as commercial real estate and transactions, contract law, financial modeling, or business consulting.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat and other business systems required.
- Aptitude to be a strong team member as well as ability to work independently.
- Strategic thinker in developing both regional and geographic real estate strategic plans for long term value and business advantage to Stantec.
- Innovative and creative approach to transactions to identify opportunities and to proactively mitigate risk. Motivated self-starter who demonstrates initiative and innovation. Must be pro-active and responsive and able to handle large volume of simultaneous projects.
- Strong communication, both written and verbal, with ability to convey complex concepts and deal-points in a simple and straightforward way. Commitment to customer service and relationship management skills to efficiently respond to inquiries and resolve any conflicts or problems that might arise.
- Willing to travel as needed (up to10-20%). As you develop your skills for success and become a crucial part of the team, travel requirements may increase.
- Intellectual curiosity: Top performers are driven to ask why things work or don’t work currently and how we might address this—even if, or especially if, this thinking falls outside of conventional wisdom. We need bold thinkers willing to challenge assumptions, develop new solutions, influence outcomes and build consensus.
- Understand (or are capable of quickly learning) how different factors, variables, and policies result in corresponding impacts. They understand how to make appropriate simplifying assumptions and how to model complex systems accurately.
- Ability to develop and explain analytical models to our internal stakeholders.
- Valid drivers’ license and satisfactory driving record.
- Valid passport and ability to travel internationally.
Education and Experience
- Degree in business, finance, economics, or real estate or related fields is preferred.
- Preferably 5 years or more of post-undergraduate working experience required in a related field such as commercial brokerage, management consulting, contract management, asset or property management, or financial analysis.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and develop your personal best.
Pay transparency laws require employers to provide the following information for positions that may be in the following jurisdiction(s):
- $81,200 - $117,800 Min/Max Pay Range for postings located in BC
The final agreed upon compensation is based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. At Stantec certain roles are bonus eligible.
Benefits Summary: Regular full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
The benefits information listed above may not apply to union positions because benefits for such positions are governed by applicable collective bargaining agreements.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1204 Procurement & Real Estate-CA Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 23, 2024, 7:56:42 AM
Req ID: 240000C9
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans