A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Six core values guide us in everything that we do.
Corporate PMO Analyst The Opportunity:
- Do what’s right
- Deliver winning results
- Build collaborative teams
- Get things done in a fact-based, disciplined way
- Learn and grow, inwardly and outwardly
- Dare to be transparent, passionate and humble
At Maple Leaf Foods, one of our greatest strengths is our deep capabilities and capacity to successfully lead and execute strategic projects across the organization. Over the years, we have seen our business plans and goals coming to life in meaningful ways, leading us to where we are today. As we embark on our ambitious journey to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, building a strong governance framework of disciplined processes, systems and teams that drives execution excellence is paramount to our success going forward.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Project Management Office, the primary responsibility of this role is to help drive a strategic project management methodology to deliver an effective project delivery along with project prioritization, reporting and portfolio management. This is a highly visible role interfacing with all levels of stakeholders across the business. The role is responsible for framing of complex initiatives, prioritizing and steering all projects in the portfolio, driving PMO process and policy, and directing project management staff to drive continuous improvements in the Corporate PMO.A snap shot of some of the exciting things you will lead and do:
What we have to offer you:
- Manage and support Corporate PMO toolsets, project management processes, templates, tools and reporting rhythms
- Monitor adherence to project management standards across the entire program/project life cycle to include project management practices, tools and documentation of project artifacts
- Schedule and coordinate meetings and events, collecting and distributing relevant materials
- Create and generate key performance indicators/metrics to support alignment between the PMO, its service offerings and the achievement of the goals by the corporation
- Manage resource capacity planning processes to support quarterly reforecasts and annual planning
- Assist in the preparation of clear and effective communications to project teams and stakeholders
- Provide regular visibility to project status (key decisions, dependencies, issues, risks, metrics) on a standard cadence through status reporting and project reviews
- Build and foster relationships with clients, and key stakeholders
- Build a “learning community” of practice within the project delivery discipline in establishing a program of continuous improvement through assessment of internal and external best practices and lessons learned, in order to achieve higher maturity in PPM
- Manage and deliver various internal initiatives and special assignments as assigned by the VP/Manager, Corporate PMO
What you will bring:
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America
- Professional and career development opportunities, supported by our commitment to talent development through our partnership with the Ivey School of Business.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that start on your first day of employment
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Commitment to Learning – courses, resources and tools provided to all employees
- Employee Assistance Program
- Strong organization and problem-solving skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines, multi-task, prioritize, and manage various ongoing projects
- Solid project management fundamentals and experience working in a PMO. Familiar with Agile techniques and methodology a significant plus
- Skilled with digesting and assimilating materials to create overall program/portfolio artifacts and documentation, including individual project changes and updates.
- Ability to review change controls and project artifacts, and have follow up discussions with stakeholders
- Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Possesses superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain a professional approach at all times
- Capable of working independently with little/no supervision in both individual and group environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Always willing and eager to learn and master new programs/software/skills
- Maintains a high level of sound judgment, reasoning, and discretionary skills
- Excellent and strong PC skills with experience using Microsoft Office and tools (MS Project, SharePoint/Teams, Power BI)
- Post-secondary education or equivalent experience in project management 1-3 yrs
- CAPM or PMP designation
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at email@example.com
. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.