Corporate Finance Student – Summer 2024
City : Dieppe
Category : Finance
Industry : Administrative and support services
Employer : J.D. Irving
Corporate Finance Student - Summer 2024
This is a 4-month work term from May 2024 to August 2024
- Have great attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to comfortably communicate to other Corporate Finance team members as well as staff within the JD Irving Moncton businesses
- Basic knowledge of accounting and auditing principles/standards, and familiarity with various computer systems and applications (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Must be willing to learn analytical skills and the ability to think creatively about ways to analyze internal controls and operations.
- Enrollment in a four-year degree in accounting, business, or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Public accounting or related business experience is considered an asset.
- Assisting and/or performing the execution of regulatory, financial, and operational audits and special projects
- Assisting in assessing compliance with governmental and regulatory requirements, financial accounting and auditing standards, contracts and company policies to ensure company assets are safeguarded
- Assisting in conducting financial analysis with Corporate Pricing, Corporate Credit and/or Corporate Finance
- Assisting in examining and evaluating the adequacy and effectiveness of information systems and business controls
- Identifying and documenting business processes and controls in order to evaluate risks and compensating controls
- Performing or assisting in a wide variety of ad hoc special projects
- Ability to work alone or as a supporting member of a team assigned to work on an engagement and/or analysis
- Ability to research and understand standards, regulations, contracts and/or methodologies in support of the project objectives.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity: Please apply online.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.