Corporate Accounting and Reporting Specialist (Hybrid)
City : Calgary, AB, CA
Category : Other
Industry : Transportation
Employer : Canadian Pacific
- Req ID: 94627
- Department: Finance & Accounting
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Calgary, Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 1
- Job Grade: 4
- Job Available to: External
- Deadline to apply: 05/20/2022
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement:
Pursuant to the Government of Canada’s mandate that all federally regulated employers require their employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, CP requires all prospective employees to confirm their vaccination status as part of the hiring process and as a condition of continued employment.
Canadian Pacific (TSX:CP)(NYSE:CP) is a transcontinental railway in Canada and the United States with direct links to eight major ports, including Vancouver and Montreal, providing North American customers a competitive rail service with access to key markets in every corner of the globe. CP is growing with its customers, offering a suite of freight transportation services, logistics solutions and supply chain expertise. Visit cpr.ca to see the rail advantages of Canadian Pacific.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Corporate Accounting and Reporting Specialist sustains and improves critical and complex sets of accounting and reporting functions.
- Plan detailed accounting and reporting activities on a recurring basis in order to support rapid and accurate execution;
- Coordinate activities with the multiple internal stakeholders that provide information into the accounting and reporting process or require its output;
- Perform journal entries and reconciliations;
- Prepare external financial disclosures;
- Prepare financial analysis on monthly and quarterly data;
- Assess and research implications of significant financial transactions;
- Identify, analyze and reconcile inconsistent information and recommend adjustments where necessary;
- Ensure compliance with U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP), Tax or securities regulation, as applicable;
- Ensure accounting and reporting processes comply with applicable internal control (SOX) requirements;
- Liaise with Financial Planning to facilitate forecast preparation and monitoring;
- Address and respond to queries from auditors and internal reviewers;
- Identify and analyze possible improvements to processes and implement selected solutions.
- Accounting (CPA) Designation;
- Knowledge of US GAAP requirements, desirable;
- ERP/SAP expertise (desirable);
- Application Expertise (desirable): BPC, Excel, Workiva, Blackline;
- Process Management Skills;
- Possess a strong attention to detail and accuracy;
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple stakeholders
- Ability to set and meet deadlines and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong verbal and written communication Skills
WHAT CP HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
- Flexible work environment
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Reference check
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CP is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act ("PIPEDA").