Core Accounts and Liquidity Integration Developer
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting to the Core DDA and Liquidity Integration Engineering Manager in US Cash Management, the person would be responsible to design, develop, and implement critical components of the Banking Technology platform. You will accomplish this by teamwork, having a can-do mindset with a hands-on approach and focus on details. You will need to be an expert level organizer to resolve things in a structural manner that provides clarity and direction. You are not afraid of challenging the team on technical details and be able to think functionally.
What will you do?
- Senior Lead Developer with strong programming skills responsible for design and development of real-time Integration solutions using Red hat Fuse, Apache Camel, Spring boot and OpenShift technologies.
- Lead scoping and design sessions across cross-functional and cross regional teams
- Analyze, define and document system architecture and design for business processes, data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks and controls.
- Ensure design of the integrated environment is capable of reaching maximum levels of availability, efficiency, scalability and security.
- Provide input into and lead the technical infrastructure design.
What do you need to succeed?
- 6-10 years of experience in software development with a focus on messaging, integration and micro-services solutions.
- Experience in Core Java and J2EE technologies like, JMS, JSP, Servlets, spring, XML, XSD, XSLT, and XPATH is desired.
- Experience on Messaging layer like TIBCO EMS, IBM MQ, JMS, Kafka is desired.
- Strong understanding of CI/CD and devops principles
- Strong communication skills - Ability to influence and negotiate with senior leaders across Tech, Ops, and Business functions, as well as communicate with external parties as necessary.
- Experience working with Jira, Confluence, MS Office
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior experience in Deposits, Payments and/or Cash Management domains (DDA, Payments, Funds Transfer, SWIFT /Messaging, Trade Services
- Advanced knowledge of change management and business unit functions and how business units relate to each other.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition.
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.