City : Red Deer, AB
Category : Full time Technician
Industry : Construction
Employer : Ledcor Group
Job Summary:You are a Fibre/Copper Splicer/Tester responsible for the installation, splicing and testing of fibre optic installations. You are a part of a team who enjoys working outside building the backbone for telecommunication services. As a Fibre/Copper Splicer/Tester you take pride in ensuring installations are completed and functioning properly.
Join Ledcor Technical Services in Calgary, AB today!
- Splices and tests Fibre optic and Copper cabling in both underground and aerial applications.
- Analyzes and troubleshoots basic technical problems or issues
- Reviews, interprets and works with various maps, drawings and blueprints and testing documents
- Makes splicing rearrangements on existing facilities in buried, underground, aerial and building work locations
- Conducts regular field inspections of buried and aerial fiber/copper splicing layout to ensure work quality control and adherence to technical specifications
- Experience with Copper Splicing is required
- Familiarity with safety procedures when working aloft and in confined spaces
- Ability to climb poles with hooks and belt is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to read and understand customer provided drawings along with daily completion of time and production logs
- Must have and maintain a valid provincial driver’s license
- Must have and maintain a clean driver’s abstract
- Successful completion of pre-employment drug & alcohol requirements and security clearance process
- Travel to various sites in Calgary, is required
- Able to meet the physical requirements of the position which involves sitting, standing, bending, climbing, lifting (up to 75 pounds), working at heights, in confined spaces and in all types of weather conditions (rain, snow, heat etc.)
Ledcor Technical Services (LTS) designs, builds, and maintains wireline or wireless networks that span North America and beyond. We are a proven leader and innovator in telecommunications network construction, maintenance, and service installation and repair.
But when you work for Ledcor, your experience will go far beyond the project. Do you want a career that means more? Join our True Blue team now!
At Ledcor we believe diversity, equity, and inclusion should be part of everything we do. We are proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified individuals, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status or any other identifying characteristic are encouraged to apply.
Our True Blue team consists of individuals from all backgrounds who contribute diverse perspectives and experiences to Ledcor. We are committed to continuing to build on our culture of empowerment, inclusion and belonging.
Adjustments will be provided in all parts of our hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance by submitting a request via email. For more information about Ledcor’s Inclusion and Diversity initiatives, please visit our I&D page.