City : Sparwood, British Columbia, CA
Category : Business Professionals
Industry : Mining/Quarrying
Employer : Teck
Closing Date: May 29, 2023
Reporting to the Senior Maintenance Training Coordinator, the Coordinator, Training is responsible for the development, implementation, and delivery of training at the Coal Mountain Training Campus.
To be successful, we are looking for someone with excellent interpersonal, communication and team management skills, with a passion for contributing to other people’s personal and professional growth. We require someone who can schedule training and keep accurate records of all training events. Lastly, this role requires an energetic team player who has a strong attention to detail and the ability to adapt and prioritize contending demands in a fast-paced environment.
Join us in the breathtaking Elk Valley of British Columbia. Here you will find outdoor adventure at your fingertips. Whether it's biking and skiing, or the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! Working a compressed work week with alternating Fridays off, come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Deliver training on safe work practices and training requirements, including lesson plans for compliance and Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Training
- Schedule and deliver comprehensive training based on site requirements, including hands-on operator training for forklifts, aerials, scissor lifts and overhead cranes, computer-based and classroom training as well as simulator training for Haul Truck School
- Provide and source training, including job-based and developmental instruction using internally and externally developed materials
- Prepare and develop training needs and priorities, assess training programs, and develop training courses, plans and solutions
- Develop and modify Standard Practices and Procedures in accordance with business unit best practices
- Deliver lectures, presentations and new hire orientations
- Strong experience in Project Management and Change Management
- Previous experience in open pit mining or an industrial setting or training
- Excellent digital literacy and proficient with Microsoft Office Suite®; Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience operating haul trucks, specifically 930E and 830E would be considered an asset
Successful candidates must be willing to satisfy the pre-employment requirements of a pre-employment drug screen and three professional references.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.com or follow @TeckResources.