Coordinator, Strategic Sourcing
City : Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Category : Full Time Supply Chain
Industry : Mining and Quarrying
Employer : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource- based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value.
Sherritt has embarked on a multi-pronged growth strategy focused on expanding nickel and cobalt production by up to 20% from 2021 and extending the life of mine at Moa beyond 2040. The Corporation is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
Reporting to Manager, Strategic Contracts, the Coordinator, Strategic Sourcing will be accountable for the execution of assigned strategic sourcing initiatives in support of the SCM strategy.
The position will be based out of our Fort Saskatchewan plant site.
- Lead the end to end competitive bid process including the issue of tenders, evaluating bids, and conducting negotiations to secure optimum cost/maximum value.
- Contract formation and execution, including engaging Legal where appropriate.
- Develop and execute sourcing strategies to create value for the company, through improved cost effectiveness and risk management.
- Effective use and ongoing review of RFx documentation processes, procedures and templates to support continuous improvement.
- Ensure all sourcing activities comply with current regulatory, legal and Sherritt policy requirements.
- Develop and sustain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders; including contract owners, suppliers of goods & services, other commercial entities and customers.
- Be a highly visible champion of a “customer” focused culture
- Commit to continuous, collaborative Supply Chain Management and organization improvement while continually seeking learning opportunities.
- Educate and lead cross functional teams through the bid process.
Qualifications and Skills
- Professional designation – SCMP or equivalent years of experience in lieu of
- 8+ years Strategic Sourcing experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of external market opportunities and indicators to support category spend/strategies
- Strong and proven knowledge of contracting law and contracting best practices
- Experience issuing tenders, evaluating bids, conducting negotiations, contract formation and driving performance improvements with supplier partners.
- Strong and proven negotiation skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communications skills; capable of effective communication with all levels of our and external vendor organizations.
- Effective skill set to turn data into meaningful business information
- Relationship management
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.