City : CAN - ON - Sudbury Branch
Category : CHW-Transportation
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Coordinator-Seniors Transportation
Location: Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Employment status: Permanent Full Time
Salary band: $42,889 - $53,611/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a Coordinator-Seniors Transportation to join our Community Health team in Sudbury.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent will be collaborating with the Senior Manager of Community Health & Wellness of the Sudbury Branch, who will be responsible for the day to day coordination of the local Transportation programs.
In this role, you will:
- Develop, coordinate, support, and assist in all aspects of the Transportation Community Health & Wellness Programs in the Sudbury & District geography
- Coordinate, implement and evaluate the delivery of the Community Health and Wellness Department within the community and assist in creating service/initiative goals and objective
- Recruit, train, coordinate and evaluate new program volunteers and support new staff
- Assess client needs and fees based on eligibility to access the program according to established policies and procedures, referring non-eligible persons to alternative services
- Follow up on client complaints, ensure incidents/accidents are reported within appropriate timelines and adhere to the National complaint process
- Complete program administration and provide statistical reports as required
- Liaise with other community agencies/organizations regarding related services/initiatives to foster mutual understanding, coordination and partnerships.
- Recognize and develop strategic partnerships to enhance programs/services
- Act as a spokesperson for services/initiatives to funders and community stakeholders
- Based on the planning process, play an active role in researching, identifying, developing and implementing new or re-aligned services/initiatives
- Seek opportunities to expand current program delivery and to increase market with fee-for-service programs
- Assist with the management and protection of Society assets and with preparing and monitoring program specific budgets, complete program statistical reports, assist with grand submissions, fee-for-service initiatives, and assist with preparing progress reports.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are one to three year’s community college diploma, preferably within the Gerontology or Social Services field as well as between two to five years job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is a requirement
- Good communication/presentation skills, leadership abilities, and experience working with volunteers.
- Sound knowledge of various computer programs such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Experience with CIMS, RAI CHA assessments or other data management software is an asset.
- Duties are principally conducted in the CRC Sudbury office, an environment that is clean and comfortable.
- Ability to travel throughout the City of Greater Sudbury and must have own reliable transportation.
- This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record, reference check, valid provincial driver’s license as well as access to a reliable vehicle, and First Aid certification (training provided.)
- Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
- Eligibility to work in Canada : At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is mandatory for this position and operation (the CRC will however adhere to its duty to accommodate those who are unable to be fully vaccinated for a reason related to a human right protected ground)
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.