City : Hamilton
Category : Full-Time Support
Industry : Education
Employer : Mohawk College
Status: Full Time
Hours: Monday – Friday, 35 hours/week
Home Campus: Fennell
Pay band: I
Rate of Pay: $36.19
Posting Date: July 5th, 2023
Closing Date: July 11th, 2023 at 7:00 pm EST
Please be advised that according to Full Time Support Staff Collective Agreement, Article 17.1, preference will be given to qualified employees within the Full Time Support Staff bargaining unit, Appendix D (in the role for 6 consecutive months) and RPT employees who have passed probation at Mohawk College. Should a suitable candidate not be found, external candidates will be considered.
We support and encourage the contributions of our diverse employees. We are committed to nurturing an equitable, diverse and inclusive (EDI) environment for everyone who learns and works at Mohawk College. We believe the rich diversity among our students and the communities we serve should be reflected within our workforce. As educators, we believe it is important to act and show leadership in advancing the principles of equity, diversity and inclusion in our community.
Mohawk College is currently recruiting for our next
Under the direction of the Director, Partnerships and Service Integration, the incumbent is the Coordinator of Partnerships, specifically supporting activity with our partnerships. The incumbent provides support with the Mississauga campus, Six Nations Polytechnic and McMaster and is to oversee process documentation, policy review and updates, coordination of audit materials, meeting coordination and support, support communications, facilitate data sharing in support of start-up, etc. Working with the Director of Partnership and Service Integration, this role would serve as a point of triage to support partners in navigating questions and requests for information.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
Co-ordinates and organizes student services resources for partners and stakeholders
- Develops and provides resource material, stats, and information to partners and members of Mohawk College and the Registrar’s Office
- Maintains procedures to ensure processes and record keeping meet Mohawk’s policies and procedures and oversees process documentation, policy review and updates
- Ensure processes and procedures are documented and updated regularly
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure an efficient flow of information
- Coordination of audit materials, timelines and information.
- Supports in meeting coordination between key stakeholders
- Will be the first point of contact for student issues and escalations.
- Facilitates data sharing in support of start-ups, etc.
- Leads and coordinates planning meetings with many internal and external stakeholder groups
- Ensures efficiency and high quality of the front-line partner relations and day-to-day operations.
- Maintain knowledge of emerging best practices for enhancing PPP, including good practice examples, and guidelines through internal and external networks.
- Provides a high level of customer service to partners and supports in developing procedures to meet this goal.
- Ensures shared resources are up-to-date and shared with partners accordingly.
- Leads planning process for start-up execution at all campuses working with the Director, Partnerships and Service Integration and Partner contacts, around required resources, processes and reporting.
Reporting for Partnerships
- Provides regular reports as requested around operations at all campuses, including appropriate metrics, observations and recommendations for improvements
- Complete routine and non-routine correspondence with partners and students
- Supports with creating and proofing all written material, presentations and reports required to fulfil contractual requirements and departmental goals including internal, Board of Governors, Ministerial, and any other as required
- Work closely with the respective internal stakeholders including Academic Quality, student services, international admissions, finance and I.T .among others to help design, implement, and monitor quality assurance and compliance frameworks
- Ensure proper record-keeping and data maintenance in accordance with the applicable policies and procedures, and systems
- Communicates regularly with partner contacts on-site leadership (Operations Managers, Associate Deans where appropriate). Ensures the Director is kept informed of communications and included in communications which impact operations, processes and procedures.
- Communicates regularly and as required with Partners to determine service priorities and delivery. Ensures the Director of Partnerships and Service Integration is kept informed of communications which impact operations, processes and procedures.
- Ensure up-to-date and accurate information for students in the partnership is posted on My Mohawk, SharePoint and the Mohawk College website.
- Working with the Director to create and support new communications initiatives (chatbot, virtual assistant, website reviews, etc.) by reviewing content, creating new content, etc.
Other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of three-year post-secondary education in Business, Office Administration, Computer Systems or related fields.
- Minimum five years of practical experience in a related field, preferably in a registrar’s division with a heavy emphasis on customer service and systems.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of community services, particularly those related to settlement, integration, education and employment.
- Working with databases and student information systems, preferably with Banner, or any relational database in post-secondary education.
- Working in an office environment with demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Working in a time-sensitive deadline-driven environment with elevated attention to detail.
- Working independently and in a team environment.
- Working in a role with diverse responsibilities and knowledge base.
- Mandatory and formal Computer applications, Access, Web, Banner and Excel. Experience with PowerBi would be an asset.
- Demonstrated commitment and understanding of human rights, equity, diversity and inclusion with the ability to communicate and work effectively with diverse groups of students, employees and the community.
Mohawk College prioritizes recruiting and retaining diverse employees. With this in mind, the College is committed to fostering inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
Should you require accommodation through any stage of the recruitment process, please contact the Human Resources Department at (905) 575 - 2047.
Mohawk College is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons, women, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, S2LGBTQIA+ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
For more information concerning the Mohawk College strategic plan, please see: strategicplan.mohawkcollege.ca/