Coordinator, Land Development (Summer Student)
City : Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Category : Co-op Student
Industry : Land Development
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Calgary, Alberta – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Full-Time Summer Student (May to August 2024)
Manager, Land Development
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
Mattamy is currently seeking a motivated and dynamic individual to join our Land Development team for an exciting opportunity to begin their career with an industry leader while completing their studies. The Coordinator, Land Development will assist with the management of Land development projects from acquisition to final assumption with liaison between Sales, Marketing, Building/Architecture, Finance/Accounting, Government Authorities, Consulting Team and Contractors to ensure projects are completed in a timely and cost-effective manner while striving to achieve The Best Homeowner Experience.
What you’ll do
- Support the Project Manager with municipal approvals: outline plan, land use, site plans, subdivision, registration, development agreements, building permit clearance etc.
- Assist the Project Manager with project scheduling, budgeting, cash flows and other financial reporting.
- Support the Project Manager with the engineering/construction approvals: civil, landscaping, and shallow utility etc.
- Support the Project Manager with overseeing site servicing by preforming regular site visits, maintaining a clean jobsite, and inspecting the quality of work during and after construction.
- Assist the Project Manager by reviewing and processing contract invoices and extras.
- Coordinate and work well with multi-disciplined consultant teams in producing approvals.
- Maintain appropriate records of approvals, engineering plans, permits etc. per project.
- Coordinate with other Land Project Manager’s, Land Construction Manager’s, Mattamy’s Home Building Teams, and Mattamy’s Customer Care Team.
- Maintain positive relationships with municipalities, agencies, contractors, consultants, and our Home Builder.
- Understand how activities affect customer satisfaction and provide support to maintain high standard of customer satisfaction with homeowners.
- Promote project and community vision and design.
- Participate in home product development and translate into land plan design and land use.
- Represent Mattamy in industry events to help maintain Mattamy’s market presence within the industry.
- Stay current on industry and municipal standards.
- Provide support to management with any land acquisitions or due diligences.
What you bring
Diploma or degree in either Engineering, Planning, Business, Construction Management, or related field.
Forward planning and thinking scheduling; coordinating consultants, contractors, municipalities, and internal resources.
Financial Management: always managing by the numbers and understanding the projects financial position.
Strategic execution: assisting in the development and implementation of project strategy; calling on the right people at the right time; challenging the process.
Communication: professional internal financial and timeline reporting; integrating well with our Home Builder; early detection of issues.
Relationship skills: consistently balancing the interests of all stakeholders (municipal, political, partners, suppliers, Builder, etc.); upholding the reputation of Mattamy to facilitate smooth application processes.
Teamwork – overall contribution to the team; proactively helping others; consistent positive attitude; mentoring, teaching, training, and learning.
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.