Coordinator – Curriculum
City : Surrey, BC
Category : 6412-Graduation
Industry : Education
Employer : Kwantlen Polytechnic University - KPU
Kwantlen Polytechnic University
KPU offers all learners opportunities to achieve success in a diverse range of programs that blend theory and practice, critical understanding, and social and ethical awareness necessary for good citizenship and rewarding careers. KPU strives to implement initiatives that will attract, support, engage, and retain KPU’s people and create an environment where all employees see themselves as contributing to student learning.
JOB OVERVIEW: Coordinator – Curriculum
The Coordinator - Curriculum manages and oversees the timely, efficient and accurate maintenance of KPU's courses and programs in the Student Information System (SIS), Degree Audit System and published in the University Calendar. The role oversees the integration of curriculum to the primary Student Information System and other relevant systems, and maintains curriculum controls, rules, and validation tables. The incumbent leads a team that provides functional, technical and operational expertise in the management of curriculum. The role is responsible for overseeing that accurate information, explanation, and clarification is communicated to authorized parties, who inquire about curriculum processes, University policies and procedures.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of three (3) years recent related experience supporting student records within the Office of the Registrar or post-secondary institution, in progressively responsible positions.
- Minimum one (1) year management or supervisory experience in a post-secondary institution. Formal supervisory training is an asset.
- Or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience as a functional lead using an enterprise student information system, ideally using a student academic history module.
- Advanced level experience using Microsoft Excel. Intermediate level experience with Microsoft Office Suite or productivity software. Microsoft Office certification an asset.
- Intermediate level experience using an enterprise database reporting tool to produce operational and audit reports from a relational database.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Canadian post-secondary education systems as it pertains to academic programs, policies and procedures.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to present information in a clear, concise and persuasive manner.
- Ability to interact effectively with a variety of individuals with diverse backgrounds and needs.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with sensitive situations that call for the use of diplomacy, tact and professionalism in the delivery of information and explanations.
- Demonstrated judgment, discretion and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, demonstrated attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Proven ability to juggle and prioritize tasks, work to deadlines and demands, make responsible decisions and determine when to seek advice.
- Ability to respond well to working under pressure and resolve complex issues in an effective manner.
- Demonstrated knowledge of business process management and departmental planning and principles.
- Customer service oriented, with the ability to create a positive and meaningful customer experience.
- Ability to think innovatively and creatively in planning and developing a fresh approach to existing activities, with a process improvement perspective in mind.
- Demonstrate problem solving, needs analysis and analytical skills.
- Experience with managing mass communication to a defined population.
- Demonstrated team leadership and the ability to engage and motivate employees.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to work collaboratively as an effective team player with all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction.
- Proven ability to exercise tact, diplomacy, and conflict resolution.
- Ability to provide guidance, direction, training and education to others.
click here for a more detailed job description
Annual salary increases are based on hours worked and anniversary dates
Please note: As per the KPU-BCGEU Collective Agreement, qualified internal applicants within the BCGEU bargaining unit are given first consideration in filling this position. Internal applicants must apply by 11:59pm on the internal closing date in order to be considered as an internal applicant. Internal applications received after the closing date will be considered as an external applicant.
Does this role sound like it was made for you, yet you don’t check every box?
We at KPU understand that experiences and qualifications may look differently for everyone and, if this job description is of interest to you, we encourage you to apply.
Note to Applicants:
Kwantlen Polytechnic University welcomes and encourages applications from equity deserving groups and diverse experiences including, but not limited to, Indigenous people, racialized people, people with disabilities, and members of the 2S/LGBTQIA+ community.
If there are any barriers that you are experiencing or an accommodation that we can provide to support you through the application process, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority.
We thank all applicants for their interest in employment with KPU. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University is committed to protecting the safety and welfare of employees, students, and the general public, and upholding the reputation and integrity of the University. For this reason, final applicants will be asked to undergo a background check.