Coordinator – Community Health
City : CAN - NS - Dartmouth Office
Category : CHW-HELP
Industry : Civil and Social Organizations
Employer : Canadian Red Cross
Title: Coordinator - Community Health
Employee Working Location: Office/In-person (Dartmouth, NS)
Employment status: Permanent Part-Time - 2 day/week (potential increase to 3 days/week)
Salary band: 14,060$ - 17,575$/year
The Canadian Red Cross (CRC) – one of the most inspirational not-for-profit organizations on this planet and an awardee on the Forbes list of Canada’s Best Employers 2022 - is seeking a Community Health Coordinator to join our Community Health department.
We are guided by our Fundamental Principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity, and universality. We help people and communities in Canada and around the world in times of need and support them in strengthening their resilience.
Starting with the hiring process, we are committed to having an accessible, diverse, inclusive, and barrier-free work environment where everyone can reach their full potential. We encourage all qualified persons who share our values and want to contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace to apply.
The incumbent prepares and reviews applicable documents to ensure accuracy and appropriate approvals; processes all administrative paperwork to meet monthly financial statement deadlines; responds to requests for information from Atlantic Canada, Department of Health and Wellness, vendors, suppliers and clients on a timely basis and other general administrative support.
In this role, you will:
- Prepare information for Accounts Payable, and Accounts Receivable according to established procedures.
- Ensure the compliance, maintenance and monitoring of the financial processes required for the program.
- Support the Occupational Therapists in ensuring that the requested specialized health equipment is provided to the client in a timely manner.
- Ensure client and vendor information is entered in a timely fashion.
- Provide administrative support to the program and Provincial staff.
- Perform a variety of activities including photocopying, collating, filing, consolidating documents, preparing and assisting with reports and preparing monthly statistical information.
- Employees and Volunteers at every level are responsible for safe work practices and to adhere to practices outlined in their applicable provincial Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Support other Red Cross initiatives, as needed, to provide for a coordinated team effort to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable in the community.
What we are looking for:
- The minimum qualifications for this position are post-secondary diploma or certificate in Business or Office Administration and one to three years of job related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, in English is mandatory.
- Exceptional computer skills are essential; an expert in office software and application, with particular emphasis on MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work collaboratively within a team and build positive internal and external relationships.
- Ability to prioritize and organize multiple issues simultaneously in a complex environment.
- Exemplary customer service skills are essential.
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles is an asset.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- A valid driver’s license and satisfactory driver’s abstract is an asset.
- Eligibility to work in Canada: At this time, we welcome applications from candidates eligible to work in Canada. If you are not a citizen or permanent resident of Canada, we encourage you to carefully review your visa to find out whether you are eligible to work in the job you are considering applying for. Refer to our FAQ for more information.
- If you are selected for this role, you will be required to complete a successful pre-employment screening process which includes a satisfactory Enhanced Police Information Check (E-PIC).
- At this time, the CRC has temporarily suspended our Covid-19 vaccination policy and does not require but continues to strongly encourage full vaccination of all our personnel.
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible - those who apply after the selection process has started may be held for a second review if needed OR reviewed for alternative roles. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply and thank you in advance.
If you require accommodation measures during any phase of the hiring process, please notify us as soon as possible. All information received in relation to accommodation requests will be kept confidential.