City : Mississauga, ON, CA
Category : Recreation and Sports
Industry : Government/Public Services
Employer : City of Mississauga
Req ID: 22987
Vacancy Type: Part-Time
Number of Positions: 1
Closing Date: 03/31/2023
Love to cook ! Do you want to test your culinary skills under internationally trained chefs? Come and join us at the City of Mississauga. We are currently looking for qualified cooks to work in team-oriented, fast paced, guest focused location at the City of Mississauga.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ability to work independently of Full Time, Permanent staff including in absence of Chef for minor events and functions (preps, portion, cook, serve)
- In absence of Chef, provide direction to other Part Time Staff
- Follow specific recipes set by Chef
- Prepare proteins and cook dishes including a la carte items
- Monitor inventory control and monitor par stock levels
- Coordinate timely food service in the kitchen
- Assist Chef/Supervisor in day to day operation of the kitchen
- Assist in the ordering of product
- Maintaining proper procedures for cleaning dishes and kitchen utensils
- Provide the highest level of customer service on a consistent basis
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 2 years culinary work experience/and or formal training with strong food preparation, cooking and presentation skills.
- Food Handlers Certification required.
- Smart Serve certification required
- Emergency First Aid/CPR "B" Certification required within 6 months of your employment
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Occupational Health & Safety
- Must be able to work weekdays, weekends, holidays and a variety of early morning and late evening shifts
- Criminal Record Check required (Non-Vulnerable Sector Screening)
- Light Lifting Required
Hourly Rate/Salary: 18.22 - 21.70
Hours of Work: up to 24
Work Location: Brae-Ben Golf Course
Department/Division/Section: CMS/Community Services Dept , CMS/Recreation Division , South District
Non-Union/Union: Non Union
A Criminal Record and Judicial Matters Check (Level 2) will be required of the successful candidate, at their own expense, to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
We thank all who apply, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. You can also check your application status in your candidate profile online.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Mississauga will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.