City : Vaughan
Category : Full-time Health Care Provider
Industry : Hospital And Health Care
Employer : Sodexo
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Supervises staff and food production operations and ensure consistency in prep levels in order to optimize the quality of service and to reduce wait times.
Special events / projects.
- Develops and implements menus for catering functions and participates in the pricing of catering menus
- Meets with catering clients to discuss event plans and menus and partners with Sodexo support teams on pricing and packaging initiatives.
- Participates in staffing functions: hiring, training, coaching and performance management of front-line culinary employees.
Financial / Inventory:
- Provides input to budget planning processes and supports adherence to labour budgets using optimal time scheduling.
- Participates in weekly and month-end financial tasks as required, by providing information for inventory orders for supplies and maintains appropriate inventory levels as required
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Basic education requirement in culinary, food, nutrition or similar field with focus on cooking skills
- 2y + experience in culinary/catering food production
- 1y + experience leading and developing people
- Red Seal Chef an asset
- Ability to work well with a diverse team
- Ability to think creatively and with originality in developing menus and promotions
- Flexibility with schedule may be required
- Prior experience with POS systems
- Prior experience in budgeting process and managing variances
- Proficient in MS Office
What Sodexo Can Offer You:
- Flexible work environment
- Competitive compensation & great employee benefits
- Training and development programs
- Countless opportunities for growth
- Corporate responsibility & sustainability
- 2021 Canada’s Best Diversity Employer
- 2021 Canada’s Greenest Employers
- 2020 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index featured company
- Progressive Aboriginal Relations (PAR) Program company – Gold Level
- And so much more!
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnic group, age, disability, gender, sexual preference, sexual or gender identity, status as a veteran or any other federal, provincial or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodation is available on request from candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sodexo is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for our team members, customers, clients, contractors, business partners, guests and members of the public with whom we regularly interact. We require that all new hires in hospitals, long term care facilities, and senior homes to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and may require any other new hires to be fully vaccinated based on the location and scope of their employment.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs