City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Temporary/Contract-to-hire
Industry : Recruitment/Staffing
Employer : The Adecco Group
Controller job opening in Ontario, Canada (QuickBooks)
Adecco Professional is currently partnering with an established start up to hire for a contract Controller job opening in Ontario, Canada. This is a remote working position however, will be required to work EST hours and be flexible to go downtown Toronto on a sporadic basis. This full-time, interim opportunity is best suited for a designated, driven, hands-on finance and accounting professional who is enjoys the flexibility contract work provides; this is to be approximately 3-4 months in nature. This individual represents the Finance/Accounting team reporting directly to the CEO and provides timely and accurate information to make prudent financial decisions. The Controller is responsible for full cycle accounting including managing all accounting and financial related functions of the company; this includes guidance on Canadian payroll legislation/payroll taxes and supervision of activities and related operations. The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial, with a keen eye for improvement in a team-oriented collaborative company.
Some of the responsibilities of the Controller job opening in Ontario, Canada may include but are not limited to:
· Provide clear direction to the accounting and finance members through leading by example, motivating and inspiring the team
· Oversee and manage key accounting operational activities including accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit, fixed assets, costing, cash disbursements, payroll, inventory etc.; this includes being hands on in the tasks at hand
· Guide and support the team with Canada-wide payroll functions including payroll accounting, applicable taxes, legislative protocols, etc.
· Assist and ensure year end is closed out with a high level of accuracy and focus
· Develop and maintain strong stakeholder relations (suppliers, customers, leadership team, subordinates, departmental managers, board, shareholders)
· Prepare and present various financial and operational reports including financial statement compilation, variance analysis, activity, job, and product line-based costing and more
· Ensure compliance with GAAP, federal and provincial tax laws, as well as year-end requirements; this include regulatory reporting and compliance
· Deliver exceptional monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports free from error
· Financial analysis to evaluate various projects/programs, costing, variances, capital expenditures, etc.; provide sales analysis reporting
· Create a consistent and reliable flow of valuable financial information to leadership team and department managers
· Additional duties as necessary
Some of the key requirements to be considered for the Controller job opening in Ontario, Canada may include but are not limited to:
· At least 5+ years’ direct experience leading the accounting functions of a dynamic, growing business; US accounting experience on top of this an asset
· CPA designation required
· Canadian Payroll experience and expertise in related taxes, accounting, legislation required
· Advanced technical skills with Excel, QuickBooks and financial reporting software: QuickBooks expertise is a must!
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; collaborative
· Interactive and motivated leadership style with a very hands-on approach to get the job done
· Someone who takes initiative and is passionate about the role the department plays in a successful organization
· Asset to those with proven success with process improvement
· Highly analytical with exceptional eye for detail; sense of urgency with a results oriented focus.
Our client is motivated to add top talent to their team and is ready to hire; does this sound like you? Our client offers the opportunity to use your skills, experience and personality to help the organization move successfully forward in their growing business and for the right candidate, potential opportunity for permanency could be available. If this sounds like you and you are ready to make a positive impact in this established but growing organization, please apply today!