City : Toronto, ON, CA; Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Editorial
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Cityline is looking for a highly-creative Content Producer, responsible for ideating & activating compelling lifestyle content. Working closely with the Supervising Producer and a roster of Canada’s top lifestyle experts, the ideal candidate is able to conceive of entertaining and engaging content ideas across lifestyle categories, with a focus on home décor, renovation and DIY. This person will also be able to produce meaningful talk show content that reflects on Canadian values and human issues such as mental health and racism. This person is nimble, and takes pride in being able to make things happen, from conception to delivery. You must have a genuine passion for lifestyle content. Delivering highly relevant and valuable content that will attract & engage our target audience is a must.
What you will do...
- Reporting to the Supervising Producer, the Content Producer will produce daily content featuring Cityline’s top experts, across multiple platforms including broadcast, digital and social.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with on-air experts to develop industry leading lifestyle content
- Provide creative and practical input during all phases of production (ideas, scripting, interviews, asset gathering, music selection, prep for editing)
- Produce branded content and sales integrations across multi channels in an engaging way
- Demonstrate creative thought leadership, providing inspiration for the show and digital content
- Stay ahead of trends, pop culture and world events
- Pitch original story ideas in all lifestyle categories including food, DIY, fashion, beauty, wellness, home décor, renovation and consumer product testing
- Conduct engaging interviews with a range of interview subjects; pursuing unique and audience focused angles in order to create remarkable moments
- Strong storytelling capabilities with a passion for casting characters and stories that are emotionally absorbing, and the ability to translate them into taped pieces in a compelling and visually captivating way
What you will bring…
- Experience in home décor and reno content is a major asset, as is the ability to secure brand partnerships
- Must be nimble and able to work in a live studio environment where things are constantly changing
- Proven experience in content creation across all platforms including digital/social media and broadcast
- Strong editorial judgement and organization skills are critical, along with a strong ability to multi-task and prioritize under pressure
- Experience in all facets of production from end to end, including casting, logistics, writing, field producing and editing
- Knowledge of the ins and outs of live studio operations
- The ability to transform an idea into highly engaging video content
- Proven track record of creative and engaging storytelling
- Collaborate with internal teams to bring branded content and sales integrations to life, through an editorial lens
- Must be collaborative, have strong interpersonal skills and be an excellent communicator
- You have an appreciation of the Cityline brand DNA and of what goes into creating engaging content for our viewers
- Solid understanding and ability to use digital media tools and technologies (i.e. Tik Tok, Instagram, YouTube, Facebook, Pinterest)
- Must be a consumer, as well as a content creator. Tracking and following emerging trends on social media to create content that leads the lifestyle category conversation
- Experience with Premiere Pro or similar editing software is an asset
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Editorial
Requisition ID: 286636
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media