City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
Thomas J. Watson said it best: “Good design is good business.” Visualization is critical to discovering data-driven insights and effectively communicating that knowledge to others. Designers at IBM work to create experiences that work together, work the same, and work for our clients. Does the thought of creating the platform at the heart of solutions like Watson, Blockchain, IoT, and Security excite you? If so, read on!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an entry level Designer in Content Design, you’ll focus on customer and employee strategies that explore opportunities to improve digital innovation, addressing user needs and designing world-class digital experiences. You’ll support to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape through applying User Experience, Design Thinking, and Information Architecture methods.
In your role, you may be responsible for:
- UX and UI work such as: creating wireframes, visual interfaces and prototypes; annotating the wireframes; collaborating with other designers, researchers, consultants and developers; making sure the interaction is getting recorded and addressed correctly.
- Conduct user research leveraging IBM Enterprise Design Thinking and do direct user research as part of managing a project
- Supporting UX and UI production tasks, getting and incorporating the feedback, and working very closely with developers and testers on a day-to-day basis.
- Visual Design work, such as creating delightful concepts and exploring art of the possible, creating mock-ups and prototypes from sketches and wireframes, working closely with clients, senior designers, front-end developers to implement dynamic human-centered digital solutions.
- Create storyboards, layouts, impactful presentations, graphics, data visualizations, and other design artifacts in preparation for client meetings or product development.
- Participate/lead in design workshops, incorporate input from multiple stakeholders, communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, outline digital experiences screen by screen, working with front-end development teams.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in solving complex user problems through user interface design, creating mock-ups and prototypes, as well as documenting interaction patterns for product UIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design (interaction, user experience or HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
- Excellent listening, written, verbal communication skills, storytelling, and documentation skills.
- Analytical, creative, and strategic thinker – able to develop innovative solutions to business problems.
- A portfolio of previous work must be presented incorporating UI designs and/or sketches that demonstrate an understanding of wireframing, interaction design, and design best practices.
- Hands-on expertise in use case development, storyboarding, mock-ups, and highly interactive prototypes.
- Expertise in collaborating with user research.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design (interaction, user experience, or HCI) or related field.
- Experience designing for complex systems.
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.