Content Designer, Scotiabank
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5A3X5
Category : Manager
Industry : Financial Services/Banking
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 193227
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Scotiabank’s Digital Banking Organization has a clear and well-supported mandate to transform the way banking technology is delivered, by reimaging the customer experience, fostering innovation to deliver new digital value propositions, and enabling our teams to drive significant changes across the organization and for our customers.
As a Content Designer, you’ll work with UX and product designers, researchers, business lines, and product owners throughout the agile product cycle to create user experiences that touch millions of Scotiabank digital customers every day. The right person for this role has experience providing UX writing and content design expertise on full user flows and digital experiences in mobile and web digital product environments and can confidently collaborate and manage relationships with Scotiabank's internal and external partners.
In addition to product content writing experience, the candidate should have a basic understanding of service design, information architecture, journey mapping, wire framing, and usability research. You'll succeed in this role by being collaborative and effective at communicating your ideas. You will also need to be eager to learn and flexible to adapt to changing requirements and priorities.
Is this role right for you?
- Plan, write, edit, and improve content for a variety of web and mobile products, making them easier to use
- Write clear, consistent, and concise user-interface content, such as help articles, in-app notifications, release notes, and error messages, ensuring the tone and writing style express and elevate the brand voice
- Work with designers, researchers, product owners, developers, and business lines to define content requirements and deliver compelling experiences
- Independently plan for upcoming deliverables. You will deliver high quality results in a timely manner.
- Write and advocate for plain language and manage French translation requirements when needed
- Understand our customers and synthesize user research into viable content and communication experiences
- Transform complex financial topics into easy-to-understand content frameworks, approaches, or strategies
- Ensure content complies with corporate brand standards, legal, and compliance
- Participate in design reviews and collaborate with product managers and designers on content strategy, content design, concepts, and storytelling
- Develop and deliver original content according to the Scotiabank digital style guide and optimize content for search engines where required
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- 5+ years of experience in UX writing, content strategy, corporate communications, content marketing, copywriting, or technical writing
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in liberal arts, journalism, or technical writing
- Expert communications skills with strong writing abilities — a sharp writer, detail-oriented, creative thinker, and a superb editor
- A fast learner who has an appetite to understand what’s behind both simple and complex financial solutions; experience writing for financial services is highly valued
- Ability to work within style and brand guidelines with a desire to push existing standards to the next level
- Experience working on scrum teams and collaborating with designers, developers, product owners, researchers, digital accessibility specialists, translation teams, and legal
- Comfortable working within tight timeframes and with working with a solution-seeking mindset within specific constraints
- Familiarity in content management systems, Figma, and an understanding of collaboration suites
- Experience planning for and developing technical, UI, or editorial content
- French and/or Spanish proficiency considered an asset
What's in it for you?
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Allyship - We strive to create an inclusive culture where every employee is empowered to reach their fullest potential, respected for who they are, and are embraced through bias-free practices and inclusive values across Scotiabank. We embrace diversity and provide opportunities for all employee to learn, grow & participate through our various Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that span across diverse gender identities, ethnicity, race, age, ability & veterans.
- Accessibility and Workplace Accommodations - We value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. Scotiabank continues to locate, remove and prevent barriers so that we can build a diverse and inclusive environment while meeting accessibility requirements.
- Upskilling through online courses, cross-functional development opportunities, and tuition assistance.
- Competitive Rewards program including bonus, flexible vacation, personal, sick days and benefits will start on day one.
- Community Engagement - no matter where you choose to work from; we offer opportunities for community engagement & belonging with our various programs such as hackathons, contests, cooking with friends, Humans of Digital and much more!
Work arrangements: Hybrid
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.