Consultant Pharmacist – Sault Ste Marie (Part-Time)
City : Sudbury, Ontario
Category : Part time
Industry : Pharmacy
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Location:Unit 7 - 1899 LaSalle Blvd, Sudbury, Ontario, P3A 2A3
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work-life balance.
Why this role is important?
MediSystem Pharmacy, a Shoppers Drug Mart Company, is an established specialty pharmacy that provides pharmaceutical dispensing and clinical pharmacy consulting services to long term care facilities across Canada. MediSystem services 40,000 residents in over 300 facilities and is proud to be 100% Canadian owned and operated.
MediSystem Pharmacy is committed to optimizing the health, wellness and safety of all residents that we service through the introduction of innovative technologies, continuing education, enhanced clinical services and seamless medication delivery.
Our company's CORE values reflect how we treat all residents, staff in the homes as well as our employees. We CARE about all Canadians, we believe in OWNERSHIP and accountability, RESPECT, and EXCELLENCE in the services we provide.
At MediSystem Pharmacy, you can use your skills to do meaningful work that has a real impact, in an environment that promotes learning, growth and opportunity. Whether it's your first job or you're ready for a new challenge, MediSystem Pharmacy can turn your potential into performance that is recognized and rewarded. We offer competitive pay, full benefits, and a work life balance.
Support for you at Shoppers Drug Mart goes far beyond a paycheque. We will support your ongoing
career development with in-house training programs, a competitive pay
rate, and a Purchase Discount program
About the Role:
The Consultant Pharmacist is an extended member of the multidisciplinary healthcare team supporting appropriate medication use to residents in long-term care homes and retirement homes. The Consultant Pharmacist works with the healthcare team to review medication use to identify medication-related problems and to achieve desired resident outcomes. The Consultant Pharmacist will provide drug information, be involved in educational activities for healthcare staff, and promote resident safety.
Relationship Management (40%)
- Act as Brand Ambassador for MediSystem and build trusting client relationships
- Deliver on operational and clinical service commitments to customers (including clinical services, regulated activities and time commitments based on contractual obligations)
- Complete audit of medication reconciliation as needed
- Ensure regular scheduled visits are made to all assigned facilities
- Support business development activities
- Attend client meetings with Operations managers or other MediSystem colleagues, when requested
- Assist with the development of facility medication policies and procedures
- Maintain ongoing collaboration and communication within the healthcare team and pharmacy team to develop strong partnerships
- Lead and/or participate in clinical initiatives at homes such deprescribing, falls committees and other such activities that provide value for the resident and client
- Provide education campaigns and clinic days as per provincial or contractual obligations
- Complete and evaluate medication utilization metrics
- Ability to work in operations when necessary
Clinical Excellence (50%)
- Conduct Resident Medication Assessments
- Complete regular documentation of clinical work in EHR and pharmacy fill/bill system, to ensure full compliance with industry regulations and government legislation
- Assist in development and effective implementation of clinical projects
- Support safe medication practices within the facilities
- Actively educate and act as a resource for the nursing and medical staff as well as the residents and their families as it pertains to medication use and the medication system
Industry Leadership (10%)
- Assist in development and implementation of industry leading clinical pharmacy services
- Assist with nursing and retirement home medication processes and documentation to meet regulatory compliance
- Support and participate in Patient Safety Initiatives
- Mirror Blue Culture and CORE values by sharing best practices and ways to work more efficiently with internal departments
Qualifications & Job Requirements:
- Pharmacist licensure in good standing in Ontario and valid professional liability insurance
- Proven relationship management and interpersonal skills to allow to develop strong partnerships with clients
- A history of being a continuous learner where the skills and knowledge have been developed to be a respected pharmacy professional
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Effective organization, planning, and time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Clinical and Geriatric pharmacy experience preferred
- Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP) and Certified Diabetes Education (CDE) designations preferred
- Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Experience with Kroll™ pharmacy experience is an asset
- Long-term care pharmacy background is preferred
- Must have valid driver’s license with own valid insurance and access to a vehicle, as travel to various locations is required
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants and colleagues with disabilities.
For more information on our pharmacy services, please visit our website at: www.medisystempharmacy.com
Employment Type:Part time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.